2015 model - LT compared to "regular" - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

2015 model - LT compared to "regular"

Is the only differences between the 2015 LT version and the regular version that the LT has saddlebags and handguards? Any other differences?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015, 07:49 PM

That and a two year warranty is all that I know. For only $700 more it seams like a good deal to me.
870Buz
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015, 08:41 PM

Even the dealership didn't know about the warranty difference. I had to tell them. Good deal, I have the LT, very happy

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 06:50 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, guys!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 06:04 PM

Garage
You would think that the LT would come with all touring accessories like they did in Europe back in '11 when I got mine.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 07:35 PM

Are their any significant difference between the 2015s as opposed to the 2013s. I know the head lights & fairings are different but, anything that is real significant regarding performance. There is a 2013 on sale near me for a reasonable price; however, I have to admit I prefer the look of the new models.

Best regards,
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 09:26 PM

Garage
Supposed to have a few more horses. It's got a 1 piece exhaust so if you want to upgrade exhaust it will cost bucket loads more
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 10:06 PM

Garage
Suspension might be better, or different, or something. If you can afford it get the one that you can't stop looking at.

My Versys Travels:

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

I've been comparing the Gen 1 and Gen 3 Vs in a thread here, and I'll be adding some more stuff in a few minutes....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 12:12 AM

Yes big differences motor has rubber engine mounts. Less vibration
abs garbage brakes, I don't like them . My 2011 with steel braided lines worked better.
New exhaust system all one piece
New rear shock now has on the fly adjustable preload via a knob, lost rebound adjustment thou.
theres more but just cant think of them off-top of my head
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 07:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motojunkee View Post
Yes big differences motor has rubber engine mounts. Less vibration
abs garbage brakes, I don't like them . My 2011 with steel braided lines worked better.
New exhaust system all one piece
New rear shock now has on the fly adjustable preload via a knob, lost rebound adjustment thou.
theres more but just cant think of them off-top of my head
I'm not talking about the pre-2015 versions - I'm talking about the 2015 LT vs. just the regular 2015.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 09:47 AM

In my country, there's no LT model available, just the regular 2015. However, you can get a "touring package", which happens to include the panniers, handguards, 12V plug and IIRC the gear indicator (not sure). You can order that kit separately and install it after receiving the bike. It's not cheap though, around 20% of the price of the bike.

As far as I can tell, LT is the regular 650 + touring kit, without any special changes.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 10:35 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Big_Mac_ View Post
In my country, there's no LT model available, just the regular 2015. However, you can get a "touring package", which happens to include the panniers, handguards, 12V plug and IIRC the gear indicator (not sure). You can order that kit separately and install it after receiving the bike. It's not cheap though, around 20% of the price of the bike.

As far as I can tell, LT is the regular 650 + touring kit, without any special changes.
I'm wondering if this model will be avail in the US market as a 2016 model. Also has heated grips, in addition to the above mentioned items.

Mike

2013 Kawi Concours 14
2012 Kawi KLR650
1983 Kawi GPz550

Is a Versys 650 on the horizon???
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 10:08 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier311 View Post
Is the only differences between the 2015 LT version and the regular version that the LT has saddlebags and handguards? Any other differences?
Fog light I think !??

LOP
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lours_Polaire View Post
Fog light I think !??

LOP
Phil - that is an option, along w/ a gear indicator or heated grips.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier311 View Post
I'm not talking about the pre-2015 versions - I'm talking about the 2015 LT vs. just the regular 2015.
But Pollack wanted a comparo between 2013 and 2015. That was question people were answering.

To answer your question: there is no difference between stock 2015 and LT except for addition of extras such as panniers, handguards.

In some countries you can also get them fully optioned with above and gear indicator, heated grips, fog lights. But, basic bike is still identical.

In Oz we only get base model - it is considered a commuter suitable for learner riders who are price twitchy.

BruceC
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-07-2015, 08:30 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Phil - that is an option, along w/ a gear indicator or heated grips.
Ah !
Standing corrected !!!

LOP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode