Looked At 2010 V At Dealership Today - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Looked At 2010 V At Dealership Today

Took my v into the dealership to get an oil change and have the yoshi slip on put on I will post some photos later dropped my camera this morning now i have to go get a new one. There was a 2010 sitting up front in the showroom. If you must know honda kawasaki west in ft.worth. Took a close look like the view from the side also like front fender. Don't care for the looks of the front fairing and the flat black paint on the tank just looked awful to me. nice bike but the paint on the tank just killed it for me.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'm with you on that. My dealer has one also. They are trading it to another dealer to get rid of it.

We both agreed that the 2010 model is FUGLY.

They have a 2009 right beside, they say they can get so many 2009's they won't order any more 2010's unless someone just has to have one. They are hoping that Kawasaki comes to their senses and changes the styling for 2011. They said that their rep said that the 2010 have been a sales flop so far. It could be the economy, but I don't think so...

Kansas - Eleven curves in three hundred eighteen miles...

2008 Versys, SOLD!

2002 BMW R1150RT Lovin it!!!

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 02:42 PM

I am with you on the gas tank! I don't get why they did it in flat black. Looks ok on a yellow on, but it looks like it still needs to be painted on a black one. It seems like that they could have made the improvements to the 2009 and made a few styling improvements styling changes.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

Last edited by sharrison56; 05-28-2010 at 02:46 PM.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I could get use to the fairing. If i were to buy one i would have the tank painted. if it was a shiny black i'm all in. flat black no way

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 02:53 PM

I wonder if Kawi is looking for the GS-wannabe look. Still not ugly enough to be a GS, but making steady progress in that direction.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 03:24 PM

I would like to point out there are several parts of the bike that are flat black as well and I guess Kawasaki painted the tank flat black to go along with them.

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
I would like to point out there are several parts of the bike that are flat black as well and I guess Kawasaki painted the tank flat black to go along with them.

Doesn't Help

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 04:23 PM

Just take the tank off and have it clear coated; will be shiny black. A few years back Guzzi did a tank like that; most had them clear coated.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 04:29 PM

I've not seen the 2010 in person but I dig the flat black.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 04:33 PM

I like the flat black. I would have preferred yellow plastic pieces though.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 04:46 PM

Flat black and matte colors are the only way to go,
We all know how pretty scratched and swirled gloss black looks! you cant even wash gloss black without scratching it.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 04:59 PM

I like the flat black parts better than the gloss.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by objectuser View Post
I've not seen the 2010 in person but I dig the flat black.
I have one and I dig it too!
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Didn't mean to offend anyone just my opinion i think kawasaki could have done a better job on the paint. I guess i'm jaded i work at a photography studio surrounded by beautiful women from cheerleaders to brides. then run one of my girls nail shops in puerto rico again surrounded by beautiful women. and they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder and some of you guys find the black beautiful thats fine. But most guys would never know they had an ugly wife if someone hadn't told them.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 05:58 PM

I'm not against flat black, but if they were going to use it on the tank they should have done the fairlings that way too. I just don't like them together. Overall I like the bike fine...just not the flat tank with glossy body work.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 06:49 PM

Now they definately could have put it on thicker because it rubs off on the first ride! LOL . good thing is you could touch it up and it will look like factory, I dont think you offended anyone last time I checked it is ok to have an opinion thats what makes it a forum!
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 07:14 PM

I have a 10 and love the style. they are keeping the 10s hid trying to get rid of all the 09 left overs. different strokes for different folks. i think the versys is more about function than style.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Didn't mean to offend anyone just my opinion...beauty is in the eye of the beholder
None taken & you got that right!

Cheers!
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 10:32 PM

Theres just no accounting for taste. Some people like black... and some people have none <GDR>

~~ Live Like You're Dying ~~
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharrison56 View Post
I'm not against flat black, but if they were going to use it on the tank they should have done the fairlings that way too. I just don't like them together. Overall I like the bike fine...just not the flat tank with glossy body work.
The combination of flat and gloss works well together with the yellow, and any other contrasting color. Just not AS well with gloss metallic black. But, I like mine. I think the matte finish gives it a real mechanical look. In fact, when I was considering an 09, I though it would look cool to paint THAT tank flat black.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode