New Givi 46NT Black/Silver Topcase - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New Givi 46NT Black/Silver Topcase

This color scheme looks awesome on the 2010's or Black V's due to the Black/Silver color.

I ordered mine from www.sporttour.com on Sunday (They are in Ohio), and was at my house today (Wednesday in Virginia).

Sport Tour has free shipping on their Givi cases as well. Just wanted to post a great shopping experience from Sport Tour. Never heard of them before but since they showed the case in stock with free shipping, I gave them a try and I am glad I did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 08:03 PM

That's a great look. It just adds to the complete color scheme. I bought the same size case but it has the red trim to it. Now I wish I was more patient. Grrr...
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 08:22 PM
DBL

How are you mounting it to your '10? I have been looking for the hardware to do that but the prices are $150+ without the trunk which seems kinda high for a few pieces of metal tubing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
This color scheme looks awesome on the 2010's or Black V's due to the Black/Silver color.

I ordered mine from www.sporttour.com on Sunday (They are in Ohio), and was at my house today (Wednesday in Virginia).

Sport Tour has free shipping on their Givi cases as well. Just wanted to post a great shopping experience from Sport Tour. Never heard of them before but since they showed the case in stock with free shipping, I gave them a try and I am glad I did.

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 12:52 AM

I ordered the case and luggage rack before the mounting hardware was available about a month ago. Then, a couple days ago another package arrived at the dealer. Very odd, since I didn't order anything else, yet. It was the mounting hardware (part number 451fz, I believe). So I know the part is now available.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 05:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBL View Post
How are you mounting it to your '10? I have been looking for the hardware to do that but the prices are $150+ without the trunk which seems kinda high for a few pieces of metal tubing.
I placed an order for the SW-Motech Aluminum Rack based on looks and some great feedback from other V owners. Unfortunately, the ship date is July 19. So I have a nice trunk I cant use for 2 months. (Good things come to those who wait) I have always heard and believe.

As far a cost, everything motorcycle is expensive. This Topcase only setup is going to cost me just over $500 including the gel backrest pad, case, mounts, & Givi adapter plate. I have spent more than that on just saddlebags & mounts in the past on my cruisers.

Try to keep in mind what goes into these products. Engineering time for design and likely many prototypes. Then, they must order the materials, make jigs, cut, bend, weld, clean, powdercote, package, then internationally ship product and still pay the bills along the way. $150 seem reasonable to me.

Good luck with your setup, let me know how you decide to proceed!
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
I placed an order for the SW-Motech Aluminum Rack based on looks and some great feedback from other V owners. Unfortunately, the ship date is July 19. So I have a nice trunk I cant use for 2 months. (Good things come to those who wait) I have always heard and believe.

As far a cost, everything motorcycle is expensive. This Topcase only setup is going to cost me just over $500 including the gel backrest pad, case, mounts, & Givi adapter plate. I have spent more than that on just saddlebags & mounts in the past on my cruisers.

Try to keep in mind what goes into these products. Engineering time for design and likely many prototypes. Then, they must order the materials, make jigs, cut, bend, weld, clean, powdercote, package, then internationally ship product and still pay the bills along the way. $150 seem reasonable to me.

Good luck with your setup, let me know how you decide to proceed!
Any update on your order Capn Kirk? Were you ordering through Twisted Throttle? That case looks killer even for my green V

09 Versys
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 03:27 PM

Tech cases

I like the look of the tech cases they are offering but it would be nice if you could get matching V35's.

If you already have the old V46 top case you can just buy the replacement lenses and buttons to make it the same if you wanted. They sell all the parts. Not sure if they have them in the US yet though. I think I saw them on some European site. Thinking of doing this some time if they have the side case lenses as well.

By the way. This is a little off topic but I just got done putting SOLAS reflective tape behind all the red plastic on my V46 and V35's and it makes a HUGE difference. Even the factory silver plastic "reflector" behind the red plastic on the top case is pathetic compared to how well the SOLAS tape turns them into functioning reflectors and the side bags just come with white plastic behind them (as others have pointed out). Only thing about the SOLAS tape is it is very directional so if you hold a flashlight to it and you are standing close it doesn't seem to reflect unless you hold it close to your line of sight.

I mention the SOLAS tape becasue I wonder what the tech look plastic would look like as reflectors or with LED's behind them? Colors might be wrong to have on the back of the bike unless you had red LED's or used red reflective tape under the plastic. Does it come with the same silver reflective stuff behind them as the red ones or do they reflect red?
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Versys View Post
Any update on your order Capn Kirk? Were you ordering through Twisted Throttle?
I have the case (bought from sporttour.com) I assume you are asking about the order with Twisted Throttle (TT) for the SW Motech Alu-Rack.

TT is the only SW Motech distributor in the US. I called them to ask why SW Motechs website says the Alu-Rack is available in 8 days yet I had to wait 2 months. TT told me that they order from SW Motech monthly and my order didn't make it until their June 4th order. SW has factory lead times then bulk shipment to TT via sea freight.

Because TT is a US distributor, SW Motech will not let me buy direct.

I must admit in my mild frustration, the person on the phone at Twisted Throttle was very polite and knowledgeable. So far my contact with them has been pleasant and top notch.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 09:15 PM

Interesting. I e-mailed TT today to check on the status of the SW Motech rack asking if they had it in stock and this was the reply I received.

Your Comments or Questionso you have these items in stock?
GPT.08.391.100BR01
TT.GPA.014.100
CC.V36.LL

Mark,Yes, all three of the items you listed are currently in stock.
GPT.08.391.100BR01 - Yes
TT.GPA.014.100 - Yes
CC.V36.LL - Yes
Regards, Jennifer Sales and Customer ServiceTwisted Throttle Ltd.1080 Kingstown Rd , Building 1Peace Dale , RI 02879401-284-4200 (phone)401-223-6954 (fax)[email protected]

I'll have to call them tomorrow to verify before ordering. I was thinking of going with the Coocase V36 but am now torn between the GIVI you bought and the larger Coocase. I keep reading that everyone says to go big on the case. Not sure I like the look of the larger cases but understand their verstility. I didn't plan on buying side case just yet but do like the looks of the V35 PLX's (from the side anyways) and the larger topcase would look good with them as well.

Quote:
I have the case (bought from sporttour.com) I assume you are asking about the order with Twisted Throttle (TT) for the SW Motech Alu-Rack.

TT is the only SW Motech distributor in the US. I called them to ask why SW Motechs website says the Alu-Rack is available in 8 days yet I had to wait 2 months. TT told me that they order from SW Motech monthly and my order didn't make it until their June 4th order. SW has factory lead times then bulk shipment to TT via sea freight.

Because TT is a US distributor, SW Motech will not let me buy direct.

I must admit in my mild frustration, the person on the phone at Twisted Throttle was very polite and knowledgeable. So far my contact with them has been pleasant and top notch.

09 Versys
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 05:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Interesting. I e-mailed TT today to check on the status of the SW Motech rack asking if they had it in stock and this was the reply I received.

Your Comments or Questionso you have these items in stock?
GPT.08.391.100BR01
TT.GPA.014.100
CC.V36.LL

Mark,Yes, all three of the items you listed are currently in stock.
GPT.08.391.100BR01 - Yes
TT.GPA.014.100 - Yes
CC.V36.LL - Yes
Regards, Jennifer Sales and Customer ServiceTwisted Throttle Ltd.1080 Kingstown Rd , Building 1Peace Dale , RI 02879401-284-4200 (phone)401-223-6954 (fax)[email protected]

I'll have to call them tomorrow to verify before ordering. I was thinking of going with the Coocase V36 but am now torn between the GIVI you bought and the larger Coocase. I keep reading that everyone says to go big on the case. Not sure I like the look of the larger cases but understand their verstility. I didn't plan on buying side case just yet but do like the looks of the V35 PLX's (from the side anyways) and the larger topcase would look good with them as well.
None of the items on your list are what I ordered.

I ordered the Alu -Rack for the 2010 Versys (your rack wont fit...Yours is 07-09). I also bought the Givi Monokey adapter.

You inquired about the Alu-Rack for 07-09, Coocase adapter, and Coocase v36.

Good luck with your setup!
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 10:04 AM

Very Nice. I think this will be the case I get when I finally take the plunge. I wonder if you can still install the tail light kit, just with red bulbs?
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 08:58 PM

Yep.. Sorry I didn't realize you have a 2010 V. I ordered the Alu-Rack today from TT and it has already shipped. I'm going to wait to hopefully see some of these topcases in person before committing to spending another $300. Thanks for the replies

Quote:
None of the items on your list are what I ordered.

I ordered the Alu -Rack for the 2010 Versys (your rack wont fit...Yours is 07-09). I also bought the Givi Monokey adapter.

You inquired about the Alu-Rack for 07-09, Coocase adapter, and Coocase v36.

Good luck with your setup!

09 Versys
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 06:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Yep.. Sorry I didn't realize you have a 2010 V. I ordered the Alu-Rack today from TT and it has already shipped. I'm going to wait to hopefully see some of these topcases in person before committing to spending another $300. Thanks for the replies
No prob. I looked back and I can see how I never specifically said I ordered the Alu-Rack for the 2010.

Post some pix after your install! Also, I have read a few threads where people have run into trouble during the install. They remove the handrails and there is a metal bushing where the bolt ran through that gets in the way of the installation of the rack. They say the rack holes are not big enough to go over the bushing. If you run into that, the metal bushings (spacers) do pull out if you need them out. People say they need to drill out the Alu-Rack holes (DONT DO IT). If you run into that and are unsure, search around this site, there are a few posts regarding this.

Keep us posted!
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 08:26 PM

Thanks for the tip on the install. You jogged my memory that I did read about this issue and will do a search. My rack is supposed to be here tomorrow so I should get it installed this weekend. My Joe Rocket Manta XL came in today and it fits great on the 09'.

09 Versys
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 10:06 PM

I ordered the Coocase S48 Astra Luxury edition from Twisted Throttle today. Hopefully I'll get before this weekend and I'll post some pictures. I'm not crazy about the looks of a case this size on the Verys but it's a matter of versatility for me. I needed a backrest for my son that enjoys riding and this give me a feeling of security knowing he has something behind him. Besides, this will be great for any long rides that may require the additional luggage space. I mounted an Action Packer (leftover from my KLR) as a temporary case and having the storage volume was great.

09 Versys
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
I ordered the Coocase S48 Astra Luxury edition from Twisted Throttle today. Hopefully I'll get before this weekend and I'll post some pictures. I'm not crazy about the looks of a case this size on the Verys but it's a matter of versatility for me. I needed a backrest for my son that enjoys riding and this give me a feeling of security knowing he has something behind him. Besides, this will be great for any long rides that may require the additional luggage space. I mounted an Action Packer (leftover from my KLR) as a temporary case and having the storage volume was great.
Ok.. I take it back what I said about the large case on the V . Just like the color green on the V, photos of the larger cases don't do them justice. You have to see them in person to get a feel for the scale and how they look on the V. Now that I have the Coocase mounted I think it looks great and am VERY happy I went with the larger case. This one fits two HJC fullface helmets side-by-side. The remote is a neat feature and the lined interior is great, fits like a glove. Nonetheless, here are some pics.

09 Versys
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 07:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Now that I have the Coocase mounted I think it looks great and am VERY happy I went with the larger case.
Very nice looking setup. Do they make a pad for the passenger? or do you ever ride 2 up?

I am still waiting for the "Your item has shipped" email from Twisted Throttle...
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Very nice looking setup. Do they make a pad for the passenger? or do you ever ride 2 up?

I am still waiting for the "Your item has shipped" email from Twisted Throttle...
Thanks Capn They do and mine is on backorder with an expected July 16 shipping from Twisted. Good luck on your setup!

09 Versys
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 01:19 AM

I just got the Givi V46 with the clear lenses this week (my local dealer had it in stock - the sales guy hadn't even seen one before we unpacked mine). I ordered the AdMoreLighting kit for it, which is supposed to be here next week.

Gary
2009 Candy Plasma Blue Versys
BarkBuster Handguards
Eastern Beaver fuse box
Ermax Rear Hugger
Garmin Zumo 660
Givi V35 Side Cases, V46 Top Case (with AdMore Lighting LEDV46-T-TS)
Motowerk Flat Foot, GPS Mount, Mirror Extenders
Pyramid Fenda Extenda
Stebel Nautilus Horn
SW Motech Crash Bars
Aprilia Tuono mirrors
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 12:10 AM

Hello All, I have a question about the Givi Topcase setup.

1) What size do you need if you want to be able to fit two standard helmets inside the case? The 46 liter is really popular but I don't know?

2) I would like to get a backrest for passenger on the case, is this an additional item or does it state specifically on the site/case you order

3) racks, okay so you can use different types, recommendations? Problems with racks? You were talking about mounting issues?

4) Lighting, I would also really like to have some lights on it, is this an additional kit? What type of options do you have here?

5) Silly one...what is the difference between monokey and monolock

I saw the silver/black option a while back and thought it loos really good too! Now seeing photos, it just confirms it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode