Made a trip to Washington - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2015, 04:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Made a trip to Washington

Well it has been a little while since I have posted anything on the forum.

I am currently visiting with my parents in Aberdeen Wa. It took me a total of 12 hours of riding to get here mostly stopping for pictures and to stretch my legs. I left my house in White city Oregon took I-5 north to Sutherland, cut across to the coast and took HWY 101 all the way up to Aberdeen Wa. I did take a small detour to a state park west of Tillamook Oregon.

It was a decent ride, would have been better if it wasn't so windy. I will try to get some pictures uploaded later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2015, 08:05 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage

Where's the photos? LOL!

Washington and Oregon are on my bucket list. Need photos!

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2015, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
OceanShores Washington, I will have to some how get the pictures off my camera don't have a computer with me at the moment

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2015, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTynan View Post
OceanShores Washington, I will have to some how get the pictures off my camera don't have a computer with me at the moment

Nice...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-17-2015, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
WASH it REALLY well after riding near sea-water!

NICE pic!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2015, 01:58 PM

My favorite riding is the the Oregon Cascades...I've done trips through there the last two years, but couldn't get to it this year. :-(

2011 Imperial Red
Givi V46 / V35's SW Motech mounts
Skidmarx hugger Moto Werks bar riser
Mondo Motors LED Driving Lights
A little bit of road rash
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2015, 02:24 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Get some cheese when in tellamook (tillamook)if not you really should next time. Best cheese IMO

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 05:50 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I have just a few pictures that I need to up-load from my camera now that I'm back home.

I did wash my bike when I got back to my parents house, going to take it down to the local coin-op car wash. They have the "turbo dryers" I like to use to dry my bike with.

I did have a small issue with my Versys leaving Reedsport OR, some how a small rock got lodged in the rear brake lever. At first I thought there was something wrong with the motor (losing power and not being able to accelerate) but I started to smell burnt brakes. Pulled of the the side jiggled the rear brake lever and a small rock dropped out on to the ground.

If it wasn't for the wind, I would have stopped for more pictures. I am working on getting some camping gear to pack for next year. Just need to get the paperwork filled out for my Oregon state park pass for free camping (one of many perks of being a disabled veteran in Oregon). I want to be able to take my time to travel up the coast and then follow the Columbia river inland.

I will have the pictures up tomorrow.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 02:06 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Just before Reedsport

Lunch stop

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 02:11 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Cape Lookout State park

These were near Oceanside, OR

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTynan View Post
...Just need to get the paperwork filled out for my Oregon state park pass for free camping (one of many perks of being a disabled veteran in Oregon)....
I'm happy that I don't get THAT particular perk!

Thank you for your service.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thank you,
I was a KC-130J mechanic in the Marines, ended up having knees problems before I could ever deploy with my squadron (I was 27 when I enlisted, definitely a young mans game) Personally wish I had the privilege of going overseas for the experience regardless of out come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode