2015 vs 1st Gen - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

2015 vs 1st Gen

I've not been on here for quite a while, so forgive me if this question has already been asked. When the Versys 1st came to the US, I read everything there was on it, watched a bunch of videos & became very interested in buying one, but wanted to take a test ride first. I read about the seat being uncomfortable & slanted to where you slid into the tank as well as useless mirrors. I finally found a dealer willing to let me ride one and found that all of the warts mentioned were there plus my 32" inseam made getting my feet flat on the ground impossible - so I lost interest even though all of those things could be remedied w/ aftermarket parts.

Anyway, a friend & I went to VMD at Mid-Ohio last weekend & saw a white 2015 LT in the pits. I could not believe how incredible it looked & both of us now have the bug. I'm looking for a dealer w/ one in stock willing to let us test ride it, but wondered if anyone on here has ridden one & can make a comparison to the 1st gen model?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

I can. Picked up my 2015 650LT yesterday, and did the "Motoman Break-in" on the 93 km ride home, then changed the oil and filter.

The '15 has MORE leg room, but other than that seems pretty similar.

I WILL post up a longer report in the next few days. GET one - you'll LOVE it!

-

I also just did the same "seat-raising-mod" to it that my '08 has, and my '09 had - up 9/16".

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2015, 10:47 AM

I didn't know you were getting a new one Eddie. Congrats! I look forward to following your reviews. I love the white one and have it on my wish list for next year, unless I do something stupid and pick up that '79 Bonnie I have been ogling over for the past year. Of course, that means I would still be keeping my '09 V also.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2015, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the response Eddie, I appreciate it. I was hoping the stock seat would be greatly improved. Looking forward to your more in-depth review and, if you would, please cite differences you noticed.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2015, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Check this thread:
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=84057

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 11:37 PM

Garage
Just want to say that, with proper technic, inseams is not an issue with our V

There was a female member on the forum that claim to be 5' 1" and loved the bike

My 2 cents

LOP
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 06:33 AM

Garage
Nice review and glad you like the new bike. The new Vs remind me of the Triumph Tiger 1050.

When my V dies I will either move on to something else, but if the budget is tight when that occurs, I will search for a lightly used 2nd gen so I can move all my accessories over.

My Versys Travels:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode