SE Ohio Sunday Ride - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
SE Ohio Sunday Ride

I got a nice 360 mile ride in yesterday. After all the gravel roads I've been doing lately I may have to rethink my next tire purchase. I did pass a red Versys headed northbound on Ohio SR26, anyone from this forum by chance?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 10:15 AM

Looks like a nice run Jim. Good pictures too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 11:40 AM

Westerville here. There's a loop you can do around Old Man's Cave that's very cool. It starts with 374 off 33 by the antigue shops. Then just as you pass the main cave entrance and camping entrance take the right to Ash Cave/Cedar Falls. Follow that till it dead ends. Take a right. That road ( name ?) will also dead end. When it does at the little town, take another right and you'll end up back on 374 close to OMC.

The Amish countryside is very scenic too around Holmes County. I take 62 to get there, but notice all the green (scenic) highlighted roads on the state map in that area. Very Hilly and swampy too. Just watch for the buggies. As you know they're flat black and they never put any freakin' lighhts on them at night.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien_Bug View Post
Westerville here. There's a loop you can do around Old Man's Cave that's very cool. It starts with 374 off 33 by the antigue shops. Then just as you pass the main cave entrance and camping entrance take the right to Ash Cave/Cedar Falls. Follow that till it dead ends. Take a right. That road ( name ?) will also dead end. When it does at the little town, take another right and you'll end up back on 374 close to OMC.

The Amish countryside is very scenic too around Holmes County. I take 62 to get there, but notice all the green (scenic) highlighted roads on the state map in that area. Very Hilly and swampy too. Just watch for the buggies. As you know they're flat black and they never put any freakin' lighhts on them at night.
Yep been to Hocking Hills and Amish country many times. I was in the extreme SE corner of the state, best riding in the state as far as I'm concerned.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJim View Post
Yep been to Hocking Hills and Amish country many times. I was in the extreme SE corner of the state, best riding in the state as far as I'm concerned.

+1

'15 DL1000
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 11:29 AM

[QUOTE=JimJim;84574]I got a nice 360 mile ride in yesterday. After all the gravel roads I've been doing lately I may have to rethink my next tire purchase. I did pass a red Versys headed northbound on Ohio SR26, anyone from this forum by chance?

That'd be me Jim Jim. When I seen you I made a point to look at my Zumo. It said "near Edwina" if I remember correctly. I was with a VFR, and two BMW's. Small world isn't it?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

[quote=Mountain Man;84840]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJim View Post
I did pass a red Versys headed northbound on Ohio SR26, anyone from this forum by chance?

That'd be me Jim Jim. When I seen you I made a point to look at my Zumo. It said "near Edwina" if I remember correctly. I was with a VFR, and two BMW's. Small world isn't it?
It's not often I see another V when I'm out and about. I had a notion to turnaround and chase you guys down.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 04:14 PM

You would of been welcome to join us. I like SE OH also. Perhaps not as scenic as WV, but every bit as technical. Some of the stuff coming out of the Ohio R. basin around the Woodsfield area is tight as a Motard track. We did a loop out of the Pgh area and clocked around 400 miles also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode