Road Trip On The V To St.Louis In The Morning - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Road Trip On The V To St.Louis In The Morning

Got a wild hair and i'm taking the versys to st.louis first thing in the morning. going to visit a brother in wentzville and a cousin in st.louis both just got out of the hospital. I guess i'll call my boss on monday and tell him i'll be back thursday. I'm leaving out about 5am if any v riders in the area want to meet up while i'm there. my cell phone number is 562-274-2034. i'll be there till wednesday morning.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 03:40 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Well its 3:40am pulling out in about 10 minutes. if anyone sees a blue v hauling butt through oklahoma and missouri its me. so if you wave i will wave back

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 03:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wish I could join ya! Have a good trip and keep the shiny side up.

Jsquared

Rider of all things 2 wheeled

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 04:32 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
good luck on your trip Joseph, how many miles will you do?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

Safe journey and enjoy the ride.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Got here at about 4:30pm It was right at 700 miles Had breakfast in ardmore oklahoma. got gas frequently to give the legs a break stopped at a few rest areas also. been over 20 years since i've put over 500 miles on a bike. Speeds were great running mostly 75-98mph rolled it up to 110mph playing with a couple mature hotties in a convertiable mustang. Lot of bikes on the road today and only a handful didn't wave. First one that didn't just happened to be a bmw. Stopped in a town named Bourbon about 100 mile out of st.louis super cute waitress and great chicken-n-dumplins and coconut cream pie. If it wasn't for the baldwin seat i probably couldn't walk right now.little soreness but nothing to complain about. the bike ran great at fast speeds all day. it was like it was having a better time than me. the garmin zumo 550 worked fantastic paired to my cell phone and the scala rider listened to music got all my calls and the directions came through loud and clear.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 07:02 PM

Good to hear you made it safe..

2013 Vulcan Classic LT but may be going back in the fold..
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntxtrooper View Post
Good to hear you made it safe..
I know better than to drive that fast in texas officer. Posted speed on the main stretch i was on were 75mph had to cruise in the mid 80's not to get run over. One thing cool about missouri is all the big digital road signs telling motorist to be aware of motorcycles all the way through the state.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Met up with user name Goodwijo yesterday in O'Fallon had some good conversation and switched out seats to compare the baldwin tall and baldwin standard height. He had the green stitching on his seat and man did it look good. the photo on the baldwin website doesn't do it justice. took some photos of both bikes will post when i get to my home computer.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Left wentzville about 3:45am today got home at 3:50pm.Nice ride all the way except got rained on pretty good about an hour from home. No complaints at all about the bike 700 miles there and 700 miles back just stopped to gas up and go.ate lunch outside of tulsa. Bought the versys for a commuter but an extended trip is no problem for this bike. Got a photo of the bike out at lock and dam #25 at winfield mo. use to fish there when i was a kid and got a few shots of mine and Goodwijo's bike.Was expecting my h/b crash bars when i got home but my yoshi slip on was here instead just ordered it saturday it came in monday.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 07-30-2010 at 06:23 AM.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 08:24 PM

Sorry i missed you coming thru, would of liked to see and meet another V rider. Glad you had a safe trip!!

Fishing and riding,doesn't get any better!!

2009 Lime green Versys
Baldwin reg. saddle w/lime grn. thread and gel insert
Hepco & Becker crash bars
Givi side carriers w/ E21's
Fenda Extenda
Motowerk foot peg lowering blocks & mirror extenders
cut tail fender
black lower panels
Mikesshields Gran Touring, clear
Alaskan Leather Pillion 1 buttpad (trip use only)
Sw-Motech 20mm riser

Versys gone..replace with Victory Hammer
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy49 View Post
Sorry i missed you coming thru, would of liked to see and meet another V rider. Glad you had a safe trip!!
Would have been nice. Lots of bikes on the road in missouri sunday. looked hard didn't see a versys anywhere. Went through Springfield abot 7:00am today was hoping to see Element out on the road. The Versys get more looks than any bike i've had.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
can vouch for that Joseph, run into 3 guys from the states touring around on hired wee stroms and they did not give my wifes cruiser a 2nd look (much to her disgust) all they wanted was a photo of the V as they have heard about it.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Was in line at a toll booth and a guy pulling a boat with a triumph in the bed of his trunk almost broke his neck trying to get a good look.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode