Camera Mount- Location Tests - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Camera Mount- Location Tests

I have a JVC Everio (GZ-MS100U) camera that I finally decided to mount to my bike. I went to Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC) and purchased an Ultra-Pod (small) tripod with a standard camera bolt sticking out the top.

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_d...45524442419699

I mounted it in two locations so far. I simply wrap the velcro attached to the tripod around the tripod and whatever I'm attaching it to (I also purchased a second piece of velcro which I use for added support). The first location was on the rear right passenger handle (or bungee cord handle, depending on what you use the extra space for ) I actually really like this view, especially during turns . The other was located on my front right fork- which was really tricky because it's a tight spot and I need clearance during right hand turns; because of this, the camera had to be turned sideways (also sorry about the 30 seconds of my dicking around with the camera at the beginning of this video, I forgot to cut it out).

The first video was exported through Windows Movie Maker using an HD- Plug-in and, in my opinion, really good quality. The only thing that sucks is the sound of the wind blowing (Maybe I'll look into having an extrenal microphone attached in the future). The second video is kind of choppy, but it's still a neat view.

"I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 03:10 AM

Nice... Banack,

I am beginning to think that a camera on the petrol tank could also be an location option.
Have tried the camera on the handlebar but looking for that special place, too.

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ride safe,

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Banack.

Look up in the link below, might be of help to you on your design.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ead.php?t=7913

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Hey Fastoman and Stlee29,

Thanks for the link; I looked at it last week...looks like a very creative and efficient design. I took the lazy route and just strapped on a collapsed tripod with velcro.... I think the u-bolt design may be more sturdy

Stlee, I came across a gas tank mount when I was doing my search for a good mount last week; not sure if it would work on the Versys (not listed on their bike list) and the price is a bit crazy, but it looks like if it fit, it would be a good location. http://www.pashnit.com/product/sportbikecam.html

Totally off topic, but my front brake has started to squeak just before I come to a full stop, only when I lightly apply it (opposed to hammering on the brakes). I read on another forum that I should pull it apart and rub the caliper with extremely fine sandpaper to avoid glazing.... I also read to rub a bit of soap on the drum, which is suppose have the same effect? Any truth to this or am I sounding like a crazy person with home remedies that simply won't work? It stopped squeaking for a bit when I applied to brake and drum cleaning spray to it, but it was just a temporary fix. I don't think the drum it bent because it doesn't squeak at all if I push it around in nuetral or when I apply to brakes at higher speeds.

Thanks!

"I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."

Last edited by Banack; 05-19-2010 at 10:18 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 01:40 AM

Banack, as far as your brake issues go, there is another thread on here somewhere talking about that same issue. It seems to be agreed that the problem is a lack of lubrication between the rotor and the little spools around it's inner diameter that attach it to the wheel. Most guys seem to be using WD-40 if I remember correctly.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 01:45 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungmann1 View Post
Banack, as far as your brake issues go, there is another thread on here somewhere talking about that same issue. It seems to be agreed that the problem is a lack of lubrication between the rotor and the little spools around it's inner diameter that attach it to the wheel. Most guys seem to be using WD-40 if I remember correctly.
+1-Just clean your disc bobbins with WD40. Works fine for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode