versys vs yamaha fjr - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
versys vs yamaha fjr

Well what does everybody think about there versys vs a fjr .I know its a lot faster i;m not sure if its more comfortable than a versys since i haven;t drove one but it's a dream bike of mine someday.But every time i hope on my versys it just feels so good i don;t know if its really worth the extra cost..how does everyone fell about it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 10:01 AM

I traded in a FJR on my V. The FJR was great but just too big and heavy. One person does not need 126 horses to go from here to there. I have more fun on the V and I go more places.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 10:25 AM

ive always said its more fun to ride a slow bike fast than it is to ride a fast bike slow anyway the v is not slow but u get the point every time i ride the v it seems to get better the fjr is a fine bike but dollar for dollar the v gives way more bang for the buck

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 10:40 AM

Seems to be a "pattern" here.......This question has been asked before, I think.

I own both a Versys, and a FJR. Comparing the two is apples, and oranges. The Versys is one of my favorite bikes, my FJR sits a lot since I bought the Versys. But just last weekend I rode the Versys on Saturday, and the FJR on Sunday.....Bottom line is that I like whichever one i'm riding at the time. But if I could only have one bike......it would be the Versys

'15 DL1000
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 11:20 AM

+1
A versys and FJR cannot be compared. On a road trip you will want the FJR, no questions. (You will just wish it had a 6th gear.)
The Versys will slaughter the FJR in the twisties.
But it is not logical to compare a 15k sport tour bike with a 7k all around bike.

Last edited by flienlow; 05-18-2010 at 11:22 AM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 12:27 PM

This is as fair a comparison as Consumer Reports sports car comparisons. The Maxda MX5 Miata is in the same category as the Chevy Corvette.

Why they are in the same category? They both seat two, can be had as a convertible, have four wheels and an engine.

However, you can buy two Miatas for the price of one Vette and the Vette have the horse power of three Miatas. Fair comparison I believe, Not.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 12:34 PM

It's interesting someone brought up the "Versys vs. the FJR" question, as I am in the same boat. I think the FJR is great, but question a quick trip around town, or a 25 minute commute on a 650lbs. bike. The Versys seems great, but my current 620 scoot isn't great on extended rides @ 70mph+. I guess the answer to teh questions is "buy both bikes", but I don't have the garage space!

'I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent'

Yeah, that’s a statistic sample size of 1, category “anecdotal evidence”, but there it is.

"You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos motherfu#&er!!" -Red, from Pineapple Express.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 12:48 PM

I sold my FJR because of the 90% rule.
What do you do with your bike 90% of the time?
Well... I rode to work, around town, short day trips. For me, it was an interstate tripper. Great on the Freeway all trimmed out. But a pig around town.
The Versys is not great on the freeway, but it can go on the freeway, and its light and very fun to ride.- Hence, my Versys is in the parking lot at the office right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode