Original Grip Buddies for $25! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Original Grip Buddies for $25!

It was exactly what I was looking for. If you are 6' or taller, you don't cramp your grip, you can almost mind-meld to turn the throttle with greater leverage efficiency, and I don't even need my heated grips to stimulate cramps anymore.

I got than damn omni cruise for $50, and I just threw it in my trunk. I wish I had found the original grip buddies before I even got my heated grips or cruise. Its' just so hard to find something to expand the grip diameter except foam which is nothing really. I may have big hands for a 6' tall person, but these feel by far the best of ANYTHING I've ever used for a grip, and it's solid with just a little spring.

I may start letting people ride the Yellow Jacket just to see what all bikes could feel like for $25, for the original grip buddies anyway.

http://shop.originalbeemerbuddies.co...-OGB-BE-SS.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 11:25 PM

Garage
Yup...got 'em as well. They are nice and plush on the hands and good for reducing vibes a bit. The company owner even threw in a couple of dumb-dumb pops with them .... which in all honesty made me a bit skeptical about the G.Buddies at first ... thinking that I just got "suckered" or it was me who was the "dumb-dumb". But the puppies turned out to be a great mod.

Binderline
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
It was exactly what I was looking for. If you are 6' or taller, you don't cramp your grip, you can almost mind-meld to turn the throttle with greater leverage efficiency, and I don't even need my heated grips to stimulate cramps anymore.

I got than damn omni cruise for $50, and I just threw it in my trunk. I wish I had found the original grip buddies before I even got my heated grips or cruise. Its' just so hard to find something to expand the grip diameter except foam which is nothing really. I may have big hands for a 6' tall person, but these feel by far the best of ANYTHING I've ever used for a grip, and it's solid with just a little spring.

I may start letting people ride the Yellow Jacket just to see what all bikes could feel like for $25, for the original grip buddies anyway.

http://shop.originalbeemerbuddies.co...-OGB-BE-SS.htm

I bought these on Amazon for $10.69 and they are the exact same things as the grip puppies. Except for the price of course! They fit great and feel great. I did have to cut to fit the length of the grip but that was no big deal.

Grab On Grips Grip Cover - Fits From 1.25in. to 1.45in. OD - 5in.L, Color: Black MC402

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 11:38 PM

I run Oury road grips on everything, larger diamter, and it's the grips, not something added
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (52.3 KB, 56 views)

'82 XV920: Soon to be tracker--
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

--'00 KLR685:adv
--'12 Super Ténéré
--'13 Versys (wifes other bike!)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by binderline View Post
Yup...got 'em as well. They are nice and plush on the hands and good for reducing vibes a bit. The company owner even threw in a couple of dumb-dumb pops with them .... which in all honesty made me a bit skeptical about the G.Buddies at first ... thinking that I just got "suckered" or it was me who was the "dumb-dumb". But the puppies turned out to be a great mod.
The original grip buddies and the REAL pazzo shorties make the Vs. 650 feel more like a used $10K bike for sure (under $175 for both, lol.) They are the best way to baby your own hands and get several more 100K miles out of your Vs. 650: watch me! The Yellow Jacket is definitely in for the long haul.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode