Center stand Interest - I think I've found a solution - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 123 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Center stand Interest - I think I've found a solution

Well after a hiatus from the Versys world I have now bought my second one. A lot of you know that I had a working center stand for the lowered Versys but when I realized it would not work on the standard size I just quit making anything.

The stand is designed to work with any bag arrangement you might have and attaches without any cutting or drilling. Simply bolt it on with the rear tire off the ground.

Well now I think I have figured out how to make one for the standard size as well as the lowered version and I'm thinking about producing them again but I need some feedback from you folks. I had spent more than a year and a fair amount of money getting the stand to the point that it was and it looks like I'm going to be spending more time and money now if I do this.

My question to you Versys owner's is this. Are you interested enough in a Centerstand for the Versys to pay $200.00 plus $15.00 - $30.00 shipping here in the US? What's amazing is that I've found a lot of folks will pay that for a Hugger and balk at the price for the stand. Anyway, the question's out there so let me hear from you.

Anyway, I'd appreciate feedback............good or bad. I just need to know if I should spend more money getting this done. If you are possibly interested in purchasing one, please email me with your name and email address so I can get a gage of interest. Thanks, Don

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor

Last edited by dallasdon; 12-21-2011 at 03:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 123 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 10:21 AM

Looks like a good product. Personally I wouldn't spend $200+ for it but I'm probably not in your target market. Seems like it would be a good mod for the money.
post #3 of 123 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Good job mate and can you post some close up shorts of the stand on the V.

post #4 of 123 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 10:22 AM

Garage
Are you able to spin the front wheel when its on the stand. for easy wheel cleaning and tire changes

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 123 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Are you able to spin the front wheel when its on the stand. for easy wheel cleaning and tire changes
Yes, with a little lift, but you just couldn't spin it unless you put something else under the motor to hold the front up. It would definitely be stable enough.

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor

Last edited by dallasdon; 05-17-2010 at 02:20 PM.
post #6 of 123 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 11:38 AM

I would pay it IF it isn't too heavy.
post #7 of 123 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 12:14 PM

Garage
I'd be intrested for sure. I'm in ft.worth no shipping needed. What would charge for the unit and installing it. I'm good at breaking things not fixing them.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 05-17-2010 at 01:01 PM.
post #8 of 123 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasdon View Post
Yes, with a little lift.
That would definetly change my mind. Would be nice to be able to get either wheel off the ground away from home.
post #9 of 123 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenr74 View Post
That would definetly change my mind. Would be nice to be able to get either wheel off the ground away from home.
no centerstand lifts either wheel, stock or otherwise. they are either ahead or behind the COG. you would be able to get the other wheel up with a very small amount of creativity.

In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

=>
post #10 of 123 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 12:37 PM

pics of the mounting would be nice. $150 would make me think. $200 is too rich, since i already have a track stand and i don't travel much these days.

Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

=>
post #11 of 123 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevrider View Post
no centerstand lifts either wheel, stock or otherwise. they are either ahead or behind the COG. you would be able to get the other wheel up with a very small amount of creativity.
Thats what I said in post #6.

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor
post #12 of 123 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevrider View Post
pics of the mounting would be nice. $150 would make me think. $200 is too rich, since i already have a track stand and i don't travel much these days.
It never ceases to amaze me that folks will pay almost $200.00 for a piece of plastic hugger and not think this stand is worth it.

However, I must concede that I'm one of those people that bought one of those "plastic huggers" form my last Versys. I'm amazed at myself!

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor

Last edited by dallasdon; 05-18-2010 at 07:35 AM.
post #13 of 123 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I'd be intrested for sure. I'm in ft.worth no shipping needed. What would charge for the unit and installing it. I'm good at breaking things not fixing them.
You are not that far from me (relatively Texas speaking) as I live in Royse City, just on the east side of Dallas. If this pans out, come on over and I'll put it on for free. Not hard to do.

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor
post #14 of 123 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 02:21 PM

I am about 60 miles SE of you (Cedar Creek Lake). I f you get up and running I may want to come up check it out.
post #15 of 123 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcctx View Post
I am about 60 miles SE of you (Cedar Creek Lake). I f you get up and running I may want to come up check it out.
Ok, I'll keep things posted.

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor
post #16 of 123 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 03:05 PM

Don,
Just for some perspective and considering it's not the same bike. SW Motech makes them for the V-Strom and Twisted Throttle sells them for $170. I know you're building them by hand and you should be paid for your work. And besides, you're the only game in town! $200 sounds fair. A center stand is essential for touring, especially if you can lift the front wheel too.
post #17 of 123 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 03:55 PM

Garage
I'm definitely interested in a center stand, but don't have the funds at the moment. I only live ~5 hours away. Maybe later this fall I could run down and pick one up. I have the V35 side cases though, any chance those could be a problem?

post #18 of 123 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 04:34 PM

Don,

I'm in. Be great to have a center stand. -- Hank.
post #19 of 123 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 05:11 PM

Garage
I want one for sure then. I'll be in texas for another 2-4 weeks then i'll be in puerto rico till late october early nov.Then the bike will be in storage. If you have one before i leave i'll take it and even pre-pay if needed to be first to get one.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #20 of 123 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Thats what I said in post #6.
yet, the question was asked again in post 8. i tried to HELP. you're welcome.

Quote:
It never ceases to amaze me that folks will pay almost $200.00 for a piece of plactic hugger and not think this stand is worth it.
a. i do not have a hugger and will never have one for that price.
b. you said that in post #1.
c. i already have a means to lift my bike.

you're not making anything a NEED; it would be a luxury. but you asked, so i answered. odd that you would complain when you asked for input. i was open-minded until now.

Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

=>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode