Greetings Fellow Verys 650 Riders.
I just wanted to clarify experiences on this issue of Aprilia Tuono mirrors used to reduce mirror/hand grip vibrations from the experts themselves.
If you have BOTH Gen 1 and Gen 2, please answer Gen 2 since we already have a good preliminary indications that the Gen 1's vibration was worse.
We will just assume Gen 3 will be better than Gen 2's since we only have 10 poll options max, and they are still collecting relevant data.
Gen 1 and Gen 2 (ONE ONLY):
- SIGNIFICANTLY HELPED - Aprilia Tuono mirrors helped a lot
- SLIGHTLY HELPED - Aprilia Touno mirrors helped a little
- NO HELP/MADE WORSE - Aprilia Touno mirrors were No help (please do not count eBay knockoffs as Aprilia OEM) or made worse.
- FIXED OTHER WAYS - Never needed Aprilia mirrors AFTER making other changes to controls/handle bars/risers/hand guards/mirror extenders, etc... or ANY Combination that worked for you INCLUDING OTHER MIRROR types from any models/manufacturers.
- HAPPY W/OEM - Whether tried Aprilia mirrors or not, happy with the OEM Kawasaki stock mirrors.
The above is what is asked if I cannot fit all of it on the option blanks.
Alright Kawdog, here you go. We have the same bike at least in year and color so maybe this will help.
I just bought a pair of Tuono mirrors Monday for about $54. The only time my mirrors bother me is around 3k and 5k rpm and I had heard so much about Tuono's I bit the bullet.
So here is my opinion.
Stock: 1.the glass is larger
2. The stalk going up is taller so stock is a little higher
3. Seems to be much lighter which is not good.
Aprilla: 1. Does seem to have less vibration.
2. Still had to use the Motorwerk extensions.
3. Very well-made and sturdy
I believe the mirrors are somewhere between slight and significant help.
A little less vibration but a little less rearview mirror.
Is it worth the extra money for the Aprilia mirrors – I don't know. Right now I might put both sets of mirrors up for sale and get rid of the set that sells first and keep the remaining set. I haven't decided yet.
I hope this helps some. IMHO!
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App