nice 2up ride - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-28-2015, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
nice 2up ride

so my gf had only been on a moto once before we met, a short ride around sacramento on back of a cruiser, nothing dramatic. she has been pretty excited about getting out with me on the versys, so we have acquiring kit and started with a couple of short loops around town. that went well, so we headed out yesterday for an introduction to twisties. we went to Carson City by way of Geiger Grade. i have newish tires, and it was my first time taking a passenger into the mountains on this bike, so we were not pushing the pace. it's a nice flowing road, so it was a fun ride and she enjoyed herself. she is excited about touring 2up, so more money to spend, as i am only equipped for solo. but it'll be well spent. i already have a Speedy peg lowering kit and a Sena system intercom for her, not installed yet. brave new world....

i tried a Sena for the first time in my helmet during the ride. i didn't need directions for this ride, but i wanted to test the setup. quite nice having google talk to me for turns. it's audible thru my earplugs, which is great. the Sena was acquired from our sponsor, Riders Discount (props!). speaking of which... i blew it on my replacement drive chain order (too short), but they helped me correct the error with no headaches. they were really easy to deal with. maybe they have my new helmet, as well....

amazing how unimpressed the bike was with her presence. handling, perfectly neutral. motor, as spritely as ever.

In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
=>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-28-2015, 06:39 PM

Garage
Nice work!

The only thing hotter than a woman on the back of a bike is a woman behind the bars of her own. Now you need to get her working towards her Class M license.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 04:39 AM

I'm really hoping my wife asks to go for a short jaunt. She spent most of her young pup days in Missouri on the back of a hard tail as a primary mode of transportation. She apparently has some emotional scars.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 07:38 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomie View Post
I'm really hoping my wife asks to go for a short jaunt. She spent most of her young pup days in Missouri on the back of a hard tail as a primary mode of transportation. She apparently has some emotional scars.
id be emotionaly scared too if i had to ride on the back of a hardley

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode