Awfully wet here in Ohio - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2015, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Awfully wet here in Ohio

It's rain so much in the last three week I have only been out on a bike 3 times. The other few times it wasn't raining I was at work. The Royal Enfield I just bought has 58 miles on it and has been out ONCE! Anyone who knows me knows that's not good.

I am worried...there's a crazy guy with a long beard out back building this BIG BOAT and he's got all these critter running around...

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2015, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
The guy building the large boat and gathering animal pairs has been seen northeast of San Antonio as well. The Blanco river running through San Marcos rose over 20 feet in something like an hour a few weeks back. Not good riding weather.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2015, 09:18 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
You guys need to stop bragging.....We'll take all you don't want out here in Cali. I don't mind the mudslides i wasn't dumb enough to build on the side or below a mountain....

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 04:43 AM

I pick up a brand new 2014 Versys today and have to haul it on an open uhaul trailer for an hour's worth of highway miles. And we're supposed to get 2-4 inches today.

I hope she doesn't catch a cold.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
It's rain so much in the last three week I have only been out on a bike 3 times. The other few times it wasn't raining I was at work. The Royal Enfield I just bought has 58 miles on it and has been out ONCE! Anyone who knows me knows that's not good.

I am worried...there's a crazy guy with a long beard out back building this BIG BOAT and he's got all these critter running around...
I'm glad to hear you are working anyway. "It's cold, it's snowing, it's hot, it's humid, it's raining, ..." Sheesh! If you were retired, I'd suggest selling your Royal Enfield and moving.

But seriously now, you better be putting the miles on before Fall and Winter get here. You have 3 bikes to ride, maintain, and prep for Winter. Summer's almost over!

Last edited by kawdog; 07-03-2015 at 05:28 AM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 07:49 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

I stopped down to the dealer the other day for an oil filter and confirmed that their supply of new 2016 Arcs would be in within 40 days/nights.

Rain or shine, I'm getting a lot of Ohio highway travel by SUV these days in caring for a property that's 150 miles away. Pretty dull, but I did notice a new trend. Seems now that all the rednecks got smokers on their diesels, they've now become marauding gangs. They get a pack of 8 or so and go filtering thru the traffic at high rates of speed. I'm waiting for them to start painting 3 piece patches on their tailgates...
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

It was the 4th wettest June in history in Ohio. I've taken to call a friends corn field Lake Flake because of the standing water. He'll get no corn from it this year I'm afraid. For me the rainy weather just means no riding I forget for others it mean a loss of income.

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 09:09 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
It was the 4th wettest June in history in Ohio. I've taken to call a friends corn field Lake Flake because of the standing water. He'll get no corn from it this year I'm afraid. For me the rainy weather just means no riding I forget for others it mean a loss of income.
I notice the corn is much lower around here. Taking 42 up to 70, I notice most of it is knee to waist high. East of Columbus, the corn is over 6' high already.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 10:29 AM

I drove through to Youngstown on Monday, then home on Wednesday. The volume of water is crazy, and that's coming from someone whose back yard is flooded

'82 XV920: Soon to be tracker--

--'00 KLR685:adv
--'12 Super Ténéré
--'13 Versys (wifes other bike!)
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
And we've been getting RECORD high temps here in Central British Columbia...!

Yesterday a record of 38.7C (101.7F) was set in Pemberton, while today's high in Kelowna should reach 36C (97F).

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode