New to me Honda st - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New to me Honda st

I purchased a Honda St 1300 last week. I absolutely love my V after 4 years and zero mechanical issues, I have had a blast on it. 35000 km give or take. The only thing that does not work is my trip meter and odometer. I can not
Bring myself to advertise it for sale or put a sign on it. Silly emotional attachment to a machine I guess. My wife thinks I am nuts! I just happened to chat to a fella who was admiring my V last weekend, he had 4 bikes. I happened to ask if he was interested in selling his ST. I drove it and fell in love with the smooth powerful engine. I bought it a few days later. I feel like I am being unfaithfull!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (94.7 KB, 110 views)

I figured it out!! A good day is when you can't see through your visor or windshield b/c of the bug splatter!!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 12:07 PM

Nice looking ride, good luck..
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 07:42 PM

I had an ST1100 for four years and loved it... before buying my 2011 Versys as my "around town" bike. The plan was to keep my ST for the long hauls. Eight months later I'd put less than 50 miles on my ST while taking my V on a 5600 mile trip from Florida to Montana and back. I sold the ST for what I bought it for. ST's are great bikes... and you'll love yours. Getting used to the 200+ additional pounds will take some getting used to though.

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 10:18 PM

Nice touring bike congrats with it.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 11:40 PM

What a beaut! How many miles and how much ($)$$$$?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 01:00 AM

very nice

I rode my ST1300 from Texas to Alaska last year. My buddy on his wing could never keep up on the mountain roads. Smooth, fast and other then the seat very comfy. I loved the power windshield. Unfortunately I was run over in Homer Alaska by an 18 wheeler. I was OK but the bike was smashed. I sure miss that ST. I replaced it with a Versys 650. Very happy so far with it. My buddies wing still can't catch me in the mountain curves. Enjoy your new bike.

"The word fear is not in my vocabulary" EK
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 07:12 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrisk5 View Post
I rode my ST1300 from Texas to Alaska last year. My buddy on his wing could never keep up on the mountain roads. Smooth, fast and other then the seat very comfy. I loved the power windshield. Unfortunately I was run over in Homer Alaska by an 18 wheeler. I was OK but the bike was smashed. I sure miss that ST. I replaced it with a Versys 650. Very happy so far with it. My buddies wing still can't catch me in the mountain curves. Enjoy your new bike.
I think it is your buddy, not the wing. Look up yellow wolf's videos if you get a chance.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 07:39 AM

Nice! Great bike. Shame on Honda for doing away with it. Best of luck with it.

I spent most of my money on bikes, booze and broads. The rest I wasted.

I'd like to have a bad day, just to see what it feels like.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

I purchased a 2003 Honda ST 1300, 30,000 miles for $4000 CDN dollars. I have put about 500km on it this past week and am enjoying the power and smoothness. I still can't put a sign on my V. The V is such a fun fling about daily bike.

I figured it out!! A good day is when you can't see through your visor or windshield b/c of the bug splatter!!!!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 02:22 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud Muffin View Post
Nice looking ride, good luck..

+1

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-10-2015, 10:36 AM

Funny, I ride a 05 ST and want to trade for something smaller and lighter like the V. Love my ST, just rode it from Fla to CO and back last week. It's given me 56K trouble free miles. Enjoy, they have a great Owners group.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode