New Tires - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New Tires

Hi everyone,

I will have to change my Dunlop tires that came with the motorcycle, so I was hoping that I can heir some of yours experience. I use my bike everyday in the city but on the weekends I go out in the canion rides. I am a little bit agressive rides so the grip is the most important for me. usially don't drive in wet days.
this are my favorites:

Michelin Pilot Power 2CT
Michelin Pilot Road 2CT
Dunlop RoadSmart
Dunlop Qualifier
Pirelli DIABLO CORSA III Three
Pirelli Strada

txs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 04:25 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VersysMKD View Post
this are my favorites:

Pirelli Strada

txs
The Pirelli's have been superceded by Pirelli Angels.

A few of us have them, but not for long enough to tell.

Good luck with your choices

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people dont have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Cut out the original dunlops in 8000km and got strada's now and was told they would get more KM's but at 7000km they look worse than my oem tires did, did complain to my local bike shop and the pirelli rep agreed to discout my replacement rear on a strada again or for extra $20.00 a angel that was after the shop guy mention to rep that i might go to a different brand next.

My view is im dissapointed in original and the strada but if you read different threads on tires you will see tire wear has lots of different varibles. including style of rider, type of roads, weight of rider etc. Our roads in NZ are hard on tires and some area more than others and this may be true in every country.

Just be aware to many different opinions and your head may hurt especially in tire dept as a lot of personal preferance's come into it such as wear, cost how the tires feel during ride, how sticky you need them, wet conditions, off road conditions or road works etc bla bla bla. all the best

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 09:36 PM

Dunlop OEM Sportmax-5,500 miles when wear indicator showed.
Dunlop Roadsmarts 6,000 miles and not done quite yet.

I may try the Avon Storm next time for comparison.

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 11:00 PM

I have the pirelli angels with 3376 miles on them. They have a wear groove in the middle but they still seem ok.

Although I'm a little doubtful that I'll get the same mileage out of the angels as I did with the oem tires (5857).

All my riding is freeway commuting in Houston.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumbo75 View Post
I have the pirelli angels with 3376 miles on them. They have a wear groove in the middle but they still seem ok.

Although I'm a little doubtful that I'll get the same mileage out of the angels as I did with the oem tires (5857).

All my riding is freeway commuting in Houston.
That is not a good sign for Pirelli Angels... Middle part suppose to be hard and long lasting...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current bike
09 Kawasaki Versys

Previous bikes
07 Suzuki GSXR 1000
07 Yamaha FZ1
06 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
06 BMW K1200 GT
05 Suzuki Vstrom 650
01 Yamaha Vstar 650
90 Yamaha FZR 600
7x Yamaha Enduro 125
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 12:11 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Hey! Early this year had the rear replaced with a Dunlop Sportmax RoadSmart 160/60ZR-17 (69W). After having a nice front-end washout in a parking lot relized it was time to replace the front. Have decided on the Dunlop Qualifier 120/70ZR-17 (58W) as I'm stupid (or was that "brave") enough to pull 170kmh on curves rather than get sliding sideways on gravel. I see it as going with a hard rear and soft front. Anyone know if this combo would be a bad idea? I was looking at Michelin Power Pilot but though that might be straying to far from the tires profiles/performance.

Cheers

eyedratherBriding
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 02:23 PM

Does Bridgestone make a set of tires for the V? I love the stones on my Goldwing!

2010 Versys - 2007 Honda Goldwing

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiseman View Post
Does Bridgestone make a set of tires for the V? I love the stones on my Goldwing!
Bridgestone does make for the V. I am using BT016 Battlax and some are using BT 020/ BT021 and now the latest is BT 023.
http://mc.bridgestone.co.jp/en/produ...ry/onroad.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode