Pee'd off - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Pee'd off

after being let down buy the dealer,(I arranged a test ride and was going to buy new after travelling out of my way and wasting time he lent someone the bike so he his more interested in doing someone a favour than selling a new bike)

Im know thinking of buying elsewhere but the let down dealer is nearest for servicing within warrenty period.
Can you get them serviced buy other than kwaka and still stay within the warrenty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 08:13 AM

Any Kawasaki dealer should honor the factory warranty but if you didn't buy it from the dealer doing the work, you might get pushed to the end of the line.

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 09:51 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Service guys don't care where you bought it. They still get paid anyway if its a item under warranty the warranty covers cost of item and service.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 11:20 AM

I'm a tech for Mercedes Benz, have been working in the dealer for five years. It's true, work is work, under warranty it doesn't matter where the vehicle/bike is from. However, if you have a quirky problem or something not easily identifiable there is going to be a lot less effort from the tech if the bike/car isn't "one of ours". If the customer has bought and serviced a vehicle at the dealer they are much more inclined to take care of whatever comes up. I know it's messed up, but it's the reality of the vehicle service industry. Tech's only get paid typically a flat few tenths for diagnosis and then at that point the only remaining payout comes from parts replacement. If your not going to be doing your own work on the bike I would recommend buying from wherever you plan on servicing the bike.

Mike
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 11:34 AM

or use an independent shop.

In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

=>
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 12:34 PM

If they screwed you already just wait until they have your money. Sounds like a great reason to buy from somebody else.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

thats what er indoors said
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 06:08 PM

their is so little service that is needed while it is still under warranty I wouldn't worry about it. The first service is just changing the oil and filter at 600 miles. They charge close to $150 because "they inpect everything"!!! Right!

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 06:41 PM

Seriously, it's such a low maintenance machine and I really wouldn't be worried about the warranty. I've never used a warranty on a bike before. Only because I know what happens in a flat rate dealer environment, short cuts are taken, things never go back together quite the same way they came apart. I would encourage you to learn the bike and maintain it yourself. There are some great deals out there, this forum is a wonderful resource. I'm sure everybody here will help in any way they can after your purchase. I hope everything works out and you find a great bike

Mike
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 07:51 PM

I'm going to get the extended warranty on mine just in case I have total engine failure. I ride mine so hard that it would be cheap insurance for me.

but as far as maintenance goes. I will be doing that.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 02:56 AM Thread Starter

what does it cost
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 06:15 PM

Make sure you carefully read the list of exclusions in the extended warranty, I'm going thru this now trying to decide whether it is worth it
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 11:09 PM

Keep in mind that you only have a 12 month warranty. For most people that isn't enough to have the bike serviced more than once after the 600 mile service (and the 4000 mile service is so trivial, it's really not worth the dealer to do it). My bikes have never been back to the dealer (any dealer) for servicing and I never had a problem with getting warranty work done when needed, regardless of where I bought and serviced (my garage) the bikes.

Gustavo

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo View Post
Keep in mind that you only have a 12 month warranty. For most people that isn't enough to have the bike serviced more than once after the 600 mile service (and the 4000 mile service is so trivial, it's really not worth the dealer to do it). My bikes have never been back to the dealer (any dealer) for servicing and I never had a problem with getting warranty work done when needed, regardless of where I bought and serviced (my garage) the bikes.

Gustavo
Ditto.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I have a 2 year warranty on the bike and done 9k Km on there is nothing that needs attention. I go to the dealer, just for one reason-to surport their business.

At the present economical downturn if we don't surport then most of them will close shop and I make very cleary to whoever handles my bike that its a win win situation. You make some and I save some.

sometimes it takes a little bit of understanding to know what the other person is going through.

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 06:52 AM

Mine went in for it's initial service and that's probably it ( other than inspections ). The dealer I bought from has a great service dept and that's a major reason why I bought my bike there. The way I see it, you only see the sales guy once. You will be using the service guys more than that.

Toys : 2009 Versys ( Blue ), 2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Needs : 2016 Mazda CX-5 ( RIP Mazda5 ), 2007 Honda Civic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode