Givi E21 Side Bags - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Givi E21 Side Bags

Any comments on the E21 side bags. I don't need much room and would like to keep the bags as sleek as possible. How about quality? And pricing anyone get a great deal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

There are a couple of forum members with them. I think they look great! If I decide to get hard bags, they are on the top of my list. Let me see if I can dig 'em up...

Here ya go, maybe you could send this guy a PM...

http://forums.kawasakiversys.com/sho...light=givi+e21

Last edited by Bear on a bicycle; 07-19-2008 at 10:55 PM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 10:49 PM

E21

I just bought a used set on Ebay and are waiting for them to show up. Should be next week. I'm going to order the racks new next week also. I will post pictures and my opinion when I get them. From the pictures that I've seen they look good and are not to large.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 11:43 AM

Which is the givi rack mount for those side cases?
Is it the same rack mount for another side case (e41, v35)?

--
Gustavo Erivan
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 12:15 PM

The E21's were on my bike when I purchased it. I absolutely love them. Keeps the width of the bike reasonable. I've ridden through some heavy storms, sleet, snow and never had a leak. They've been through two years of all weather/all year riding for me without a problem. I have the SW-motech
quick release racks for them, work nicely. I've also since added a 45L top case for the long trips, don't think I'll ever need more space.

Mike
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 04:15 PM

they are well worth the 169.00 i have had them on my last 2 bikes you will love them
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 08:24 PM

I just mounted mine yesterday. I also got the SW Motech quick release mounts all from Twisted Throttle. For me they are a perfect size and seem pretty durable. They two things I really liked about them was that they keep the width reasonable (about the same as the handlebars 34" or so) which I wanted for squeezing through spots without catching thed rear bags, and also I like the top-opening lid witch makes them totally waterproof. I had side-opening bags on my V-Strom and it was a pain the $$S removing them every time I wanted to get something out. For me they are perfect for commuting, picking up a few groceries such as a dozen beer, a few bottles of wine, or a few day trip.

2013 Versys1000
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 10:33 PM

You can see my bike with Givi E-21s in this thread from when I first bought my Versys.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ead.php?t=9143

I decided to go with the 21s for the narrower width, as you mentioned. Plus half the cost of the V35s. I also like the top-loading feature. They have been totally waterproof. Also, once I didn't latch the lid correctly and I rode several miles before noticing that the top had bounced open. No big deal. With a side-loading bag, my delicate underthings would have been scattered over miles of highway.

Lots of other threads with good info on here if you search.

Also, in the photo in the thread above, I used the Givi turn signal relocation brackets. Later, I borrowed someone else's idea (can't remember who, now) and bought the KLR650 rear turn signals, which fit inside the boxes and eliminate the need for relocation brackets, extended wiring, etc. Neater installation. The turn signals are the only part of the installation that isn't utterly simple.

@Gustavo: The mounts for the E31s work with all the other Givi bags but NOT with the V35s, which are the Givi/Kawasaki ones.

Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motociclista View Post
You can see my bike with Givi E-21s in this thread from when I first bought my Versys.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ead.php?t=9143

I decided to go with the 21s for the narrower width, as you mentioned. Plus half the cost of the V35s. I also like the top-loading feature. They have been totally waterproof. Also, once I didn't latch the lid correctly and I rode several miles before noticing that the top had bounced open. No big deal. With a side-loading bag, my delicate underthings would have been scattered over miles of highway.

Lots of other threads with good info on here if you search.

Also, in the photo in the thread above, I used the Givi turn signal relocation brackets. Later, I borrowed someone else's idea (can't remember who, now) and bought the KLR650 rear turn signals, which fit inside the boxes and eliminate the need for relocation brackets, extended wiring, etc. Neater installation. The turn signals are the only part of the installation that isn't utterly simple.

@Gustavo: The mounts for the E31s work with all the other Givi bags but NOT with the V35s, which are the Givi/Kawasaki ones.
I didn't use the relocation bracket that came with mine. When they were on order I assumed they had to be relocated but the racks clear them were they are so I didn't bother going to the extra work as well as having the extension wires showing. They are still totally visible from behind....

2013 Versys1000
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 09:20 AM

I relocated my rear turn signals when I mounted the PLX450 racks.

I actually like them back a little more and spaced out a bit wider. My turn signals cleared the racks but I actually think they look perfectly fine and add a bit more width on the signals and prominence. My two bits.

Still waiting to pick up my e21's myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode