post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2010 owners

seems like there is not many 2010 owners here to comment on the new model
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 01:51 PM

What we really need is for someone to ride both the '08-'09 model and the '10 so they can compare and contrast the two. Now THAT would be useful info.

'I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent'

Yeah, that’s a statistic sample size of 1, category “anecdotal evidence”, but there it is.

"You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos motherfu#&er!!" -Red, from Pineapple Express.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

I'm going for the 2010 but all views suggest no difference at all except cosmetics

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 02:08 PM

2010 owners

I have a feeling there may never be very many (here in the US at least). From what I've heard (if correct) there were so many 08 and 09's left in Kawi warehouses that they did not plan on importing very many. Probably mostly becasue of the economy the last few years. Everyone sort of backed off buying bikes for a while there. Noticed all the special factory offers on previous model year? Production runs from factories like Kawaski are set up way (like a year) in advance and based off what they think they can sell in each market. Even if they start to sell a lot of them they can't necesarily just start pumping them out. There are a lot of vendors that have to support what they run and they still have to build everything else they promised to dealers. Other than the frame and motor most of the other parts are actually made by other companies. This is why when the new Ninja 250 came out and sold much better than expected there were huge waiting lists for them and they actually had to move production to an expanded plant in Thialand in order to meet the demand and that was not until the next model year.
I got the only 2010 my dealer has had so far. Most of the production run of 2010's probably ended up going to Europe or anywhere else that they have been selling better. This size/type of bike is generally more popular there for quite a few reasons. Big bore V twin cuisers are not nearly as poplular there as they are here. Bikes are used more for day to day transport due to gas, insurance, and inner-city congestion there. Many countries also have cc and hp limits so they are popular with newer riders also.
All that said, I'm lovin my bike and really glad I sprang for it right away!! I've been thinking about getting a Versys since they first broght them to the US and now since I've ridden one I'm ticked at myself for waiting so long. This is one of the most fun bike I've ever ridden. I think most riders get too into the performance #'s or image of the bikes they choose instead of actually getting what is really the best bike for them for the money. I don't mind being labeled a "wus with a 650" by others becasue they don't know what they are really missing. Kind of like Miata's. They are considered "hairdressers cars" by a lot of poeple but go to any auto cross or SCCA weekend racing and you will see more of these than anything else. The people in the know buy them for what they really are.

Wow, I'm rambling on so much I better get some sleep before I buy something esle online for my bike!!

Cheers.

Last edited by juliozx7r; 05-12-2010 at 02:28 PM.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 02:24 PM

2010 Versys

Actually there is one thing that really sucks about the 2010's. I don't think anyone has the racks for them in the US yet. I picked my up Jan 31 and was planning on putting the V35's and a top case on it right away and am still waiting. This was one of the reasons I bought the bike. They are supposed to be avialable here by the end of the month though. I'm about ready to just order them from somewhere in Europe.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 06:07 PM
DBL

I bought my '10 on April 21st and it was the only '10 the dealer had. They also had a blue '09 but I like the '10 better. I agree about trying to get accessories for this model year. It's a great bike but I need a taller windshield and a mount for my Givi trunk. I could make something myself but it wouldn't look very pretty.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 06:32 PM

So, is Kawasaki going to ship any more of these to the US or not?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 07:05 PM

I am picking up my 2010 this Saturday!! Its the only one in this side of Virginia from what I have been told. They cant get any more.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 08:44 PM

Well, the major changes between the 2010 and earlier years are the rubber engine mounts, footpegs and windscreen. Supposed to offer a smoother ride.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 08:50 PM

And the comparo on the rubber ride is....?

And what did you have to pay v. MSRP? Could make up my mind v. and 09.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
don't forget the dif headlight
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 08:56 PM

I feel very little vibration on the pegs and handlebars. none on the seat. I also don't have any complaint about the seat or sliding forward at all into the tank. It still sometimes has the left mirror issue, though. other than that, I lo-o-ove it
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 09:36 PM

i dont have a slide forward issue on my 09.

and it already has rubber foot pegs.

also I like the thumpy motor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode