Don't buy a 2015 versys 650 lt. Top 10 reasons. - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Don't buy a 2015 versys 650 lt. Top 10 reasons.

1. It's too much fun to ride.
2. It handles great.
3. It has that easily adjustable rear suspension so you'll be messing with it all the time.
4. It has saddlebags, so you can carry your tire repair kit, rainsuit and all your other ****, so you'll ride further and more which will cost you more money for tires and gas.
5. Back to 4. The saddlebags will cause you problems as instead of buying a six pack you can now get a 30 rack which may increase your already severe drinking issue.
6. Your girlfriend, wife or whoever your doing will want to ride with you more as now she has a place to keep her pocketbook and we can pick up milk on our way home.
7. The windshield actually almost works. Wear earplugs or listen to Skynard.
8. The hand guards work too! You might not have to wear your gorilla fuzzy mittens.
9. If you go slow you can get 60 miles a gallon, but that probably won't happen because you won't go slow.
10. It's a cheap buy in and you can take off all the cheap decals they stick on and everyone will think it's a Multistrada.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 10:04 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberdog View Post
1. It's too much fun to ride.
2. It handles great.
3. It has that easily adjustable rear suspension so you'll be messing with it all the time.
4. It has saddlebags, so you can carry your tire repair kit, rainsuit and all your other ****, so you'll ride further and more which will cost you more money for tires and gas.
5. Back to 4. The saddlebags will cause you problems as instead of buying a six pack you can now get a 30 rack which may increase your already severe drinking issue.
6. Your girlfriend, wife or whoever your doing will want to ride with you more as now she has a place to keep her pocketbook and we can pick up milk on our way home.
7. The windshield actually almost works. Wear earplugs or listen to Skynard.
8. The hand guards work too! You might not have to wear your gorilla fuzzy mittens.
9. If you go slow you can get 60 miles a gallon, but that probably won't happen because you won't go slow.
10. It's a cheap buy in and you can take off all the cheap decals they stick on and everyone will think it's a Multistrada.
60 mpg, not bad. I've been averaging 47.4 mpg with my V1K and I thought that was pretty good. Mostly backroads and highways and not shy about exercising the tach.

I read that the windshield works better on the V650 than the V1K and it's perfect for me. I listen to XM thru my earbuds on every ride. I'm short and it's up all the way. I notice that if I lower it there is a lot more wind noise. Still no buffeting though. Very aerodynamic design IMHO.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
60 mpg, not bad. I've been averaging 47.4 mpg with my V1K and I thought that was pretty good. Mostly backroads and highways and not shy about exercising the tach.

I read that the windshield works better on the V650 than the V1K and it's perfect for me. I listen to XM thru my earbuds on every ride. I'm short and it's up all the way. I notice that if I lower it there is a lot more wind noise. Still no buffeting though. Very aerodynamic design IMHO.
Good to see you back Saddlebag, even if you are posting on a Vs. 650 thread. I was starting to worry about you.

Drive safe, even in a parking lot. It's still not too late to get a 2015 Vs. 650. The OP sounds like he is having a blast!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2015, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

Saddlebag
I actually did get 60 mpg once but that was on a long ride with my wife on her Ninja 250 behind me so it was a slower pace then normal. She got 60 mpg also. I noticed that the mpg the bike says is always a few mpg less then what I calculate when I fill up. I usually get around 50 with a low of 44. I had the Ninja 1000 for a year after I sold my 09 Versys. Love that motor you got. That's great mpg. My Ninja was around 40 but I wasn't easy on the wrist with it.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2015, 07:12 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
If I wanted people to think I was on a multistrada, I'd buy a multistrada.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Yeahbot when it's in the shop, nobody would know.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I was just trying to be humorous.

I spent most of my money on bikes, booze and broads. The rest I wasted.

I'd like to have a bad day, just to see what it feels like.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Ahh, the infamous Dukawski Verstrada...

I think the 2016 is rumored to be an opposed TRIPPLE, with one cylinder expected to point straight forward to distinguish it from all the Beamer crowd.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

LOL. That's great.

I spent most of my money on bikes, booze and broads. The rest I wasted.

I'd like to have a bad day, just to see what it feels like.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 01:04 PM

Quote:
I was just trying to be humorous.
Good humor has an element of truth. And there's a lot of truth in your list.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2015, 06:35 PM

Quote:
I'm getting ~42 right now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode