Don't buy a 2015 versys 650 lt. Top 10 reasons. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Timberdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: South Central NY
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Don't buy a 2015 versys 650 lt. Top 10 reasons.

1. It's too much fun to ride.
2. It handles great.
3. It has that easily adjustable rear suspension so you'll be messing with it all the time.
4. It has saddlebags, so you can carry your tire repair kit, rainsuit and all your other ****, so you'll ride further and more which will cost you more money for tires and gas.
5. Back to 4. The saddlebags will cause you problems as instead of buying a six pack you can now get a 30 rack which may increase your already severe drinking issue.
6. Your girlfriend, wife or whoever your doing will want to ride with you more as now she has a place to keep her pocketbook and we can pick up milk on our way home.
7. The windshield actually almost works. Wear earplugs or listen to Skynard.
8. The hand guards work too! You might not have to wear your gorilla fuzzy mittens.
9. If you go slow you can get 60 miles a gallon, but that probably won't happen because you won't go slow.
10. It's a cheap buy in and you can take off all the cheap decals they stick on and everyone will think it's a Multistrada.
Timberdog is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 10:04 PM
Member
 
saddlebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Eutopia
Posts: 1,883
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberdog View Post
1. It's too much fun to ride.
2. It handles great.
3. It has that easily adjustable rear suspension so you'll be messing with it all the time.
4. It has saddlebags, so you can carry your tire repair kit, rainsuit and all your other ****, so you'll ride further and more which will cost you more money for tires and gas.
5. Back to 4. The saddlebags will cause you problems as instead of buying a six pack you can now get a 30 rack which may increase your already severe drinking issue.
6. Your girlfriend, wife or whoever your doing will want to ride with you more as now she has a place to keep her pocketbook and we can pick up milk on our way home.
7. The windshield actually almost works. Wear earplugs or listen to Skynard.
8. The hand guards work too! You might not have to wear your gorilla fuzzy mittens.
9. If you go slow you can get 60 miles a gallon, but that probably won't happen because you won't go slow.
10. It's a cheap buy in and you can take off all the cheap decals they stick on and everyone will think it's a Multistrada.
60 mpg, not bad. I've been averaging 47.4 mpg with my V1K and I thought that was pretty good. Mostly backroads and highways and not shy about exercising the tach.

I read that the windshield works better on the V650 than the V1K and it's perfect for me. I listen to XM thru my earbuds on every ride. I'm short and it's up all the way. I notice that if I lower it there is a lot more wind noise. Still no buffeting though. Very aerodynamic design IMHO.
saddlebag is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 10:45 PM
Member
 
kawdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,596
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
60 mpg, not bad. I've been averaging 47.4 mpg with my V1K and I thought that was pretty good. Mostly backroads and highways and not shy about exercising the tach.

I read that the windshield works better on the V650 than the V1K and it's perfect for me. I listen to XM thru my earbuds on every ride. I'm short and it's up all the way. I notice that if I lower it there is a lot more wind noise. Still no buffeting though. Very aerodynamic design IMHO.
Good to see you back Saddlebag, even if you are posting on a Vs. 650 thread. I was starting to worry about you.

Drive safe, even in a parking lot. It's still not too late to get a 2015 Vs. 650. The OP sounds like he is having a blast!
kawdog is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2015, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Timberdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: South Central NY
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Saddlebag
I actually did get 60 mpg once but that was on a long ride with my wife on her Ninja 250 behind me so it was a slower pace then normal. She got 60 mpg also. I noticed that the mpg the bike says is always a few mpg less then what I calculate when I fill up. I usually get around 50 with a low of 44. I had the Ninja 1000 for a year after I sold my 09 Versys. Love that motor you got. That's great mpg. My Ninja was around 40 but I wasn't easy on the wrist with it.
Timberdog is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2015, 07:12 PM
Member
 
twowheeladdict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,282
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
If I wanted people to think I was on a multistrada, I'd buy a multistrada.

My Versys Travels:


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
twowheeladdict is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 04:36 AM
Member
 
saddlebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Eutopia
Posts: 1,883
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
If I wanted people to think I was on a multistrada, I'd buy a multistrada.
Yeahbot when it's in the shop, nobody would know.
saddlebag is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Timberdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: South Central NY
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
If I wanted people to think I was on a multistrada, I'd buy a multistrada.
I was just trying to be humorous.

I spent most of my money on bikes, booze and broads. The rest I wasted.

I'd like to have a bad day, just to see what it feels like.
Timberdog is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 735
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)



Ahh, the infamous Dukawski Verstrada...


I think the 2016 is rumored to be an opposed TRIPPLE, with one cylinder expected to point straight forward to distinguish it from all the Beamer crowd.



.
unstable_rider is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Timberdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: South Central NY
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
LOL. That's great.

I spent most of my money on bikes, booze and broads. The rest I wasted.

I'd like to have a bad day, just to see what it feels like.
Timberdog is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 01:04 PM
Member
 
saddlebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Eutopia
Posts: 1,883
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberdog View Post
I was just trying to be humorous.
Good humor has an element of truth. And there's a lot of truth in your list.
saddlebag is offline  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2015, 06:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberdog View Post
9. If you go slow you can get 60 miles a gallon, but that probably won't happen because you won't go slow.
I'm getting ~42 right now
quadsbaby is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome