Got my white 2015 LT today! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Got my white 2015 LT today!

After nine weeks, it arrived just before they closed last night and they stayed late to put it together for me. I had no idea it was there until he called me this morning. The bags and hand protectors are coming later.
I rode it home, using MotoMan's break-in procedure and changed oil at 24 miles. It came out slightly dirty, way more than I expected from that few miles. Anyway, I am a happy camper at the moment.
I started to install my top case bracket thinking I had the whole kit. I have the pad, trim plate and the lock (which I had the dealer match the key to already). Anyway, I am missing the mounting plate. The one with the two tongues.
But the ride is impressive. Feels as nimble as a dirt bike with a ton of torque. I love the riding position too.
I like practicality, so I need bags! Or at least that top case plate. If anyone has that part number in front of them, give a holler. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I found the part number for the 47L base plate.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 08:39 PM
BKP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishman View Post
I found the part number for the 47L base plate.
Congratulations on the new ride... I had the same excitement a couple of weeks ago, when I brought mine back from the dealer. Also did the Motoman, and oil change...

I agree about the torque. Dyno charts show my last bike, a V-Strom 650 having both more torque, and more hp... however, I'm finding the Versys *without a doubt* has more pull in the mid-range, and definitely at the higher end, in *all* gears beyond 1st.

I've got a number of accessories on the way: Gear indicator, Motowerks lowering kit, various other money-pit items... Anyway, best of luck with the new bike -- it's certainly a keeper!

Ride safe...

Barry
2015 Versys 650 Pearl White
[space holder for farkles...]

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 11:59 PM

Congratulations!!!

Still waiting on the base plate for my 15' LT..... Been almost two months and Kwai is still twiddling their thumbs

I have loved every moment of joining the versys family
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKP View Post

I agree about the torque. Dyno charts show my last bike, a V-Strom 650 having both more torque, and more hp... however, I'm finding the Versys *without a doubt* has more pull in the mid-range, and definitely at the higher end, in *all* gears beyond 1st...
That's because at the last 1/2k of rpm, the hp goes up the most so hp measures are biased toward high rpm bikes. Except most if not all people rarely ride in the last 1/2k rpm of power, and in 5th gear, you would be doing 120 mph. But from 0 to 100 mph, my money is on the Versys. When they get to their last 1/2k rpm, the race has been over. The midrange cam will set your eyeballs in the back of your head in any gear above 6k rpm wot.

The midrange cam is about a $5K upgrade on most single or dual cylinder bikes (IF they have an ATV exact cousin because the only street bikes that usually have upgrades are 4 cylinder bikes and THOSE are high rpm cams power to 185 mph!?!?) In other words, you have a gift from the Kawasaki gods since so many Ninjas were sold.

Vertical and twin singles handle the best of any motorcycle and this is the only midrange cam in one of those that I know of: which means Japanese motorcycle oem reliability. Enough can not be said on these models and you guys have the most refined. Enjoy it and drive safe!

Last edited by kawdog; 05-24-2015 at 02:16 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 05:21 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
In other words, you have a gift from the Kawasaki gods since so many Ninjas were sold.
Trying to figure this one out. Are you saying the cam comes from a Ninja? Usually, the sport bikes are tuned for peak power. People often grumble when they put sportbike engines in standards and then "retune them for midrange," though I agree that that's a far more useful place for power on a street bike.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 08:45 AM
BKP

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
...snip The midrange cam will set your eyeballs in the back of your head in any gear above 6k rpm wot.

The midrange cam is about a $5K upgrade on most single or dual cylinder bikes (IF they have an ATV exact cousin because the only street bikes that usually have upgrades are 4 cylinder bikes and THOSE are high rpm cams power to 185 mph!?!?) In other words, you have a gift from the Kawasaki gods since so many Ninjas were sold....snip!
Thanks, Kaw... makes sense now -- thought my bias was creeping in...

Ride safe...

Barry
2015 Versys 650 Pearl White
[space holder for farkles...]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode