it's pretty bad when...... - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
it's pretty bad when......

your sisters bike is more then double the size of yours.

took a little group photo with y brothers & sister today for mom.
as much as she hates to see on these things, she might like it.

i let my sister ride my Versys today, the only bike she has ever ridden in her life is her Harley, which she just got last year.

it was funny when she got back, she said ''this thing is so smooth, i could ride it all day''.
i just knew she didn't have a clue that all bike don't vibrate and ride rough.

we let my brother in the pic with his high travel buggy he built.
last two times he was on a bike he was airlifted. so he has to stay on 4 wheels and a roll cage. he is a awesome bike rider though.

dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bike group - bro & sister 003.jpg (192.3 KB, 277 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 04:54 PM

Thanks for sharing. Nice pic of the family & nice story. The only one in my family that rides is my wife.

Buying the Versys was a step down in cc for me 800cc-650cc. I can tell you that the Versys is ~150 lbs lighter and a bunch more fun!

I have ridden some bigger cc bikes and they are just to heavy for me. I am not into the bigger is better mentality that most US riders have.

Reminds me of a story when my wife learned to ride and bought her second bike. I'll make it quick. She learned last march (09) and bought a 250cc Yamaha Virago. She never told anyone at her work. She bought a 650 V Star about 6 weeks later because she wanted more and it fit her perfectly. She works at the town public works department with mostly men (she works in the office). She rode her 650 in to work one day last summer for the first time and was quite the buzz. Everyone was blown away that "Melissa has a motorcycle"!!!! Typical shock.

Well, the guys who were riding Honda Rebels (250cc) were teased constantly and ridiculed because Melissa (a girl) was riding a bigger bike than they were. You know how rough country boys can be... Well, before the summer was over, every single guy riding a smaller bike than her bought 800cc or bigger that summer. They could not take the ribbing. I think its funny.

I have a girl I work with who built up an 883 sportster into a 1200 with an engine bore kit and I could care less that her bike is bigger than mine. Sheesh.

I like the 650 size, it fits me well and serves my purpose for fun transportation.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 05:19 PM

Heck my wife rides a bigger bike than me, a Sportster 883L, and it doesn't bother me at all. I still have to wait on her.

When she starts wheelieing past me then it may be time for a bigger bike.

Couldn't agree more on the smoothness of the V compared to the Harley, but it seems once you drink the HD cool-aid you're willing to put up with that kind of stuff. I'm wondering when the HD curtains will show up? If the V road like that I don't think there would be a V.

Mike

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

thats a funny story about your wife & the guys.
thx for sharing also.

dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
Thanks for sharing. Nice pic of the family & nice story. The only one in my family that rides is my wife.

Buying the Versys was a step down in cc for me 800cc-650cc. I can tell you that the Versys is ~150 lbs lighter and a bunch more fun!

I have ridden some bigger cc bikes and they are just to heavy for me. I am not into the bigger is better mentality that most US riders have.

Reminds me of a story when my wife learned to ride and bought her second bike. I'll make it quick. She learned last march (09) and bought a 250cc Yamaha Virago. She never told anyone at her work. She bought a 650 V Star about 6 weeks later because she wanted more and it fit her perfectly. She works at the town public works department with mostly men (she works in the office). She rode her 650 in to work one day last summer for the first time and was quite the buzz. Everyone was blown away that "Melissa has a motorcycle"!!!! Typical shock.

Well, the guys who were riding Honda Rebels (250cc) were teased constantly and ridiculed because Melissa (a girl) was riding a bigger bike than they were. You know how rough country boys can be... Well, before the summer was over, every single guy riding a smaller bike than her bought 800cc or bigger that summer. They could not take the ribbing. I think its funny.

I have a girl I work with who built up an 883 sportster into a 1200 with an engine bore kit and I could care less that her bike is bigger than mine. Sheesh.

I like the 650 size, it fits me well and serves my purpose for fun transportation.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 07:49 PM

A family that rides together stays better together.

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ride safe,

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 08:17 PM

Nice pic of the gangFunny how the V makes HD's look like some kinda dinosaur type thing

If I new what I was doing, I wouldn't still be working
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Thanks for sharing. Nice to have family members ride together.
Warm regrads to all and ride safe.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 10:37 PM

Railing on the track one day, out on a leisurely family ride the next...you are definitely putting the "versatile" part of the V to great use dhauch! Very nice

"When It Rains, Get Wet"
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 10:54 PM

Garage
I loved my 250 Rebel. I had that bike for about 5 years.
The 650 V is just as fun to me as the 1500 Drifter. Vastly different bikes but the 650 engine is great and pops. The 1500 is good for plodding along making a lot of noise.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Guess SIZE does matter...!
I had an '03 Suzuki Bandit 1200S, then bought an '04 KLR650. After riding the "little" 650 for a year or 4, I put the Bandit up for sale, sold it and bought an '08 Versys. BEST bike I've ever ridden!
I started riding back in the '60s on 650 Triumphs, and now that I'm back on 650s, I don't believe I'll ever feel the need to go bigger, altho' a 675 Speed Triple Triumph MIGHT be nice....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

yeah, ther's a couple of Triumph's i would love to have, a Daytona & a Triple.
dave
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 06:37 PM

I've had all different kinds of bikes. Too many to list here. Earlier this season I had a Suzuki B King. Two and a half times the power of the V but two hundred pounds heavier and not nearly as fun. The V has my attention right now and just has me feeling like everything else is just more for more's sake.

Oh BTW great family pic Dave!

'10 BMW R1200GS Adventure
'11 BMW S1000RR
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Yep dhauch, pretty bad when your sister got a bigger bike but worse when your wife has, my lovely wife got a C50T suzuki, 150 cc bigger and a million tonnes heavier and when we ride somwhere people thing its my bike a the V is hers and they presume the bloke has the bigger bike but she a cruiser girl and does not like plastic fantastics but remind her of the amout of plastic in her harley imitation all in good fun of course but it is great to ride with family
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAdventure View Post
I've had all different kinds of bikes. Too many to list here. Earlier this season I had a Suzuki B King. Two and a half times the power of the V but two hundred pounds heavier and not nearly as fun. The V has my attention right now and just has me feeling like everything else is just more for more's sake.

Oh BTW great family pic Dave!
Tested rode B King before buying V, B King to much power for this cowboy as i would end up in trouble
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
my lovely wife got a C50T suzuk
I just sold my C50 to buy the Versys. The V is much lighter. 157 pound if you go by specs but seems more than that when I push the bike out of the garage. C50 is a great bike.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

C50 is a great bike just very heavy for a 800cc but i have to be carfull on it as nearly killed my self scraping running board on main road on sharp corner, bike bounced and wobbled to opposite of road was riding it like the V, not a good idea
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

hey guys,
love hearing all the great stories.
throw some pics up.

dave
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

At our local, great cafe bar 40km north from us at rangitata.a nice warm day and its great to sit and have a feed/drink and watch all the bikes come and go and there is even a live eel in the pond.

Here that must be obeyed on way back from milford sound, fiordland, this is one of the most beautiful and isololated part of NZ.

The boss again waitnig on me while i went across the road to have my middle aged pee through the buller gorge on way to nelson

Finally one for Element, pictures of his home town springfield not, much need coffee stop on the way over to the west coast for the annual wild food festival where you get to eat every bug known to man and i not going to tell you what mountain oysters are.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

now were talking, those are great!
i would love to have a place like that to sit and watch all the different bikes roll in.

i do have a road race track 15 minutes from me, but all the bikes look the same.

thx for sharing.

dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode