600 miles service + lowering link install - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
600 miles service + lowering link install

Just rode my 2013 back from her 600 mile service + installation of the Motowork lowering link kit. Loving the fact that I don't have to mount her like I'm getting on a horse any more. I had my dealer, Steve Seltzer Powersports in Altoona PA, install the link, do the side stand mod and raise the forks while they had the bike for service. Could I have done this, yeah, but I just wanted it done so I can get some miles on, you know? My wife and try to get out as often as we can together when it's nice, she has a Vespa and we love exploring the back roads around Central PA. It makes me a bit sad that I can't do a center stand with the lowering kit, but - I'll be riding it a lot more than I'll be lubing or adjusting the chain, so I think I can live with that. Just sort feels weird, first street bike I've ever had that doesn't have a center stand. Then again, I still lament the loss of having a kick starter as well, so...

Stay safe, everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 03:46 PM

If you have not already done so, the chain will have to be readjusted once the lowering link is installed.

I'm liking my lowered bike too!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 04:38 PM

You can do the centerstand, but it will be cut and migwelding the SW centerstand for 2010 to 2014 model. It's a B to put on, so combine the installation and that for a service maybe from the same people you deal with. The BMW Chain Gang do it on their BMW F650/G650 lowered bikes too. $30 added for cut and weld and you can paint it yourself after it is on to avoid labor hours for waiting for paint to dry

A centerstand is a must for me, but I guess most people here have lowered bikes and shy away from it. I'd do it in a heartbeat if I had to lower mine. It would be slightly more comfortable lowered, but the handling would not be the original engineered specs, so I opted for the safety specs: close decision. Except for the high cost of the centerstand to begin with, its no big deal to chop and mig weld the stand even if it takes 2 or 3 trys to get it right: tig welding on the other hand with AL would be a different level of expertise and limited tries before it is scrap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
600 mile service, lowering link

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode