I am NO longer disappointed with this bike (seat)! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I am NO longer disappointed with this bike (seat)!

I sent the seat off to Spencer at http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php and my seat problems are fixed, it took a few hundred miles to fully break in the seat after the mod (as per Spencers Instructions). Today was the first time I rode without thinking of the seat and actually concentrating on the ride. I also installed the Motowerks Lowering Kit and Lowering Pegs, and Mirror Extenders and lowered the front forks and flipped the shield upside down (keeps the air off the helmet) and the bike is just about perfect. I went down to the harley shop and test rode a Harley XR1200, when I got back I was so happy to get back on the V! The only thing I think I might do now, is to add a Givi Shield and possibly side or top cases, and possibly I could use risers to bring the Handlebars back about 2 inches..................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 02:45 PM

cool.... what did you think of the xr?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Nice motor, quirky handling, fun bike, I prefer the V, I also own a 2008 Fatbob, and love it

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 07:49 PM

I've considered calling Spencer myself. After spending $400 on a Corbin and being miserable for the last year, I finally bought the Motowerks peg lowering kit and my butt is a good bit more comfortable but now I can tell for sure the Corbin is not right for me. Way too hard and I spend so much time thinking about my sore butt I forget to enjoy my V. Glad to hear somebody else got a good seat out of Spencer. Thanks for the post!

2009 Versys
2000 Vulcan Drifter 800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode