how cheap will the '09's get?? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
how cheap will the '09's get??

I started looking a few months ago and if you shopped around you could find one for around $5500 +ttl. I recently found a couple for $4,995 +ttl. Should I wait? How low can/will they go? (note these prices are OTD minus registration fees that vary state to state)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 09:53 AM

like any purchasing decision yer pays yer mney yer takes yer chice.

its a trade off between getting the bike you want and beeing able to ride it or waiting a while longer and get it cheaper and take the risk the deals may suddenly dry up. if you want the cheapest deal and are prepared to wait and are prepared to risk the deal dissappearing then consider buying in the autumn/fall, when dealers may need to clear their inventory further. the first generation Versys will date even further as a new bike this year, and it will become tougher for dealers to sell the bike as new.

spoke to a dealer in Clarkston,WA on Thursday, he claims to be selling 09 Versys around $6,300 OTR, is buying in 09 bikes from elsewhere and has at least 3 more on order. doesn't plan on selling the new variant for a while yet. mind you he was a salesmen so I have a hard time putting any serious credance on what he says
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 10:23 AM

There is a dealer in Spokane WA that quoted me $7300 (more or less) OTD a couple months ago and wasn't inclined to negotiate. I bought mine at the dealer in Clarkston for less than what Healdem was quoted.

My guess is that those dealers that realize that the '10 models are in seriously short supply while the bike continues to gather accolades and will keep prices a bit on the high side. Other dealers will say "the '11s are coming, we need to get the '09s outta here" and will deal just to dump the stock and free up the operating capital.

For me it came down to right bike, right place, right time and I got the price down as best as I could. I'd rather ride than spend time negotiating.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

There is no way I can justify spending an extra 2-2.5k to get a 2010. With that 2k you could buy a lot of extras to make a bike equal to if not better than the 2010. ymmv
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 11:11 AM

If you wait long enough there won't be any more 09s to get. Then your price just went up. Pay what you can live with and have some fun now.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 11:49 AM

thats cheap be interested how much in sterlin and who is selling at a good price in the uk south
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenr74 View Post
If you wait long enough there won't be any more 09s to get. Then your price just went up. Pay what you can live with and have some fun now.
I have found about a dozen or so within 60 miles of me, many of which are still in boxes. I think I will wait a couple of weeks and see if I can get one for 5k OTD including ttl
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 08:52 PM

That seems like a great price. If you could get one for $4995 + ttl, I would say you got a very good deal. I wouldn't think they will get any cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpatch View Post
I started looking a few months ago and if you shopped around you could find one for around $5500 +ttl. I recently found a couple for $4,995 +ttl. Should I wait? How low can/will they go? (note these prices are OTD minus registration fees that vary state to state)

2007 Versys Black, V35 Bags, H&B Bars, Skidmarx Hugger.Fender Ex., Avon Distanzia, Braided Lines, Hella 65W bulbs Arrow Can, DNA Air filter, GIVI tall screen (for winter), PCIII, Baldwin Saddle. **SOLD**

2011 KTM SM-T. Crash bars, E55 Top Box, Fender extender front and rear.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 09:02 PM

I just paid $6,100 OTR from my local dealer. Thought I got a screaming deal. They also gave me as much on trade for my bike as I was asking to sell it outright. Don't know if I could have bought the Versys cheaper - but I know I love this bike and have NO regrets.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 09:05 PM

serious.

Now is the time.... if you wait everyone else will jump and you will be left all alone.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 09:09 PM

I paid $6100 out the door.

I found one for $4995 also, but the dealer was adding several charges to that price plus tax, also the dealer was 200 miles away. Net net I paid $250 more to get the bike from the local dealer, which I thought was a bargain.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 02:57 AM

i got an 09 for $5299 +TTL ... not a bad deal considering how much bike you get
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 05:26 AM

Has the 09 got the same digital speedo as the 10 ???????
What r the real differences making the 10 worth going for over the 09.
This is considering discounts available for the 09
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 05:33 AM

Buddy of mine got one for $6k OTD in SoCal within the last week.

Being in law school sucks when you a) don't have any money to buy one and b) wouldn't have any time to ride it anyway.

Balls.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 02:48 PM

Balls HAHAHAHA
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 09:21 PM

I'm in the same position. Looking at those 09s advertised for $4,999 and thinking this could be the bottom of the prices. My thinking is, all the manufacturers have cut back on producing 2010 models to try to clear out the backlog from last year, so once dealers clear out the ones they have sitting around, there will be more balance between supply and demand. Prices will move back closer to MSRP then.

It's a guessing game, but my guess is that prices aren't going to go much lower, and while they're not likely to shoot up dramatically higher, waiting is more likely to cost you than buying. That's why I'm thinking I need to pull the trigger soon.

All JMHO.

Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 09:53 PM
DBL

Yes, the '09 has most of the same things as the '10. I looked at BOTH before buying the '10. Main improvements on '10 are rubber engine mounts and softer foot pegs to reduce vibration, headlight looks different (better IMO), and front turn signals are higher up near faring. I was told the '09 also has L.E.D. brake/tail light like the '10 but they look different to me. Only other difference is the color and I like the black '10 I got. I have only ridden the '10 I have now and no older models so cannot comment on if the vibration reduction is better or worse. My bike has some vibration issues right at 70MPH but better handlebars and sprocket gear changes should fix that. I have been on bikes that were much worse and rode my '10 for 150 miles across Texas with only minimal vibration issues. It does need a taller windshield though and the ones they make for the older models do NOT fit. They changed the windshield on the '10 as well. Before buying the '10 I checked to see what it would cost to change all the parts on the '09 to make it close to being a '10 but it was way more than the $500 MSRP price increase. I feel like the $7200 OTD I paid was just about right but if you can get an '09 for a whole lot less, I say go for it! You can always upgrade to a newer model later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen View Post
Has the 09 got the same digital speedo as the 10 ???????
What r the real differences making the 10 worth going for over the 09.
This is considering discounts available for the 09
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gorilla View Post
Buddy of mine got one for $6k OTD in SoCal within the last week.
Anybody I know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode