My neighbors wife wants to fight me - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
My neighbors wife wants to fight me

I'm in my garage playing mechanic with the V about a month ago. My neighbor Stan stops in and we are shooting the shhh and kicking up dust. He had told me he wanted to get back into riding and he really likes the Versys. I had given him the particulars and he really likes the prices on used ones. Fast forward a few weeks and beep beep, he bought an '09 fully loaded for a song.

All is well, right? Not really. A few days later.......

Stan's wife Kelli comes knocking on the garage and screaming about how her love of her life is going to get killed and leave her a widow with two children. I open the door and try to settle her down. I tell her in no uncertain terms about how I simply gave Stan information and my opinion of the Versys. I told her she needs to talk to her hubby about anything she has a problem with. I gotta an old lady and don't need the drama. She's crying and shaking but still angry. She's convinced I manipulated Stan into buying a motorbike and wants to fight me. She's 110 soaking wet, I'm 6'5" and 300+. And I'm a lover not a fighter. I try to get Stan on the phone and all I'm getting is voicemail. That S.O.B. is out riding and I'm stuck in a bad soap opera.

So, I do what makes sense to me, I tell Kelli I'll go look for Stan..wink wink, so they can talk. I jump on the V and head out. I didn't find Stan and hope I never do. Good times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 12:21 PM

I always tell people not to start riding because honestly its a bad habit that's both dangerous and really hard to quit...

But I also know that if someone really wants to do something nay-sayers aren't going to stop them. I'm sure most of us were told not to start riding motorcycles at one point in time, yet here we are.

If he is new to riding you should encourage the MSF class, and take him to a parking lot to show teach him low speed maneuvers and braking tips.

2008 Versys 650

Been riding 8 or 9 years, and have owned 8 or 9 bikes; its an addiction I can't quit...
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 12:24 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by King.Versys View Post
Stan's wife Kelli comes knocking on the garage and screaming about how her love of her life is going to get killed and leave her a widow with two children.
Do you sell life insurance? If so, this is a great opportunity to make a commission!

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 12:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Jeez, she has no right to come yelling at you. What did she hope to accomplish there?
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
That S.O.B. is out riding and I'm stuck in a bad soap opera.
That is your best line yet.

I can't even tell you how many got into riding because I shared my passion for motorcycling with them.
lrppcer likes this.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGalToo View Post
Jeez, she has no right to come yelling at you. What did she hope to accomplish there?
I think it was pure frustration. If I was a cheating man I think I would try to tap it out.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 02:58 PM

Sounds like this guy..
[IMG][/IMG]
lrppcer likes this.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 03:10 PM

You totally should have told her "yeah next time he comes over we will talk about recreational drug use instead".

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Should have handed her a beer and said wait right here let me take my bike and I'll just run down to the strip club and get him for ya....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Should have handed her a beer and said wait right here let me take my bike and I'll just run down to the strip club and get him for ya....

Of course it COULD have been a suicidal statement too as it sounds like she was primed and ready go as it was.

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post

Of course it COULD have been a suicidal statement too as it sounds like she was primed and ready go as it was.

I get a kick out of pushing women over the edge...Once my brothers 2nd wife was cheating on him and left him for the guy. Tore my brother up and he tried everything to get her back. So me being the brother I'am hooked him up with a real sweetheart. Then his Ex's boyfriend dumps her so now she wants my brother back really bad. I come in from work one day and his Ex is at my house talking to my dad trying to get back in good standings. So i just kick up a conversation with her and she was talking about going to my brothers to get some items. She listed off the stuff she wanted and said i could get the bedroom set but i don't want it. So i go why not that stuff is really nice, She goes yea but i just don't want it so i egged it on awhile longer then i looked her straight in the eye's and go "Why is it because he slept with Josie "his new girl" on it. Man her pupils started bouncing like some one stuck her finger in a light socket. She left shortly after,Then a couple of hours later i get a call from my brother telling me he turned onto his block and saw clothes on his front yard then on the roof. He went inside and the mattress and box spring were in the floor and he has a huge deck and pool he can access from his bedroom and found more clothes in the pool. So i told him his Ex came by today and i told him what i did...He just sighed real loud and started laughing...
lrppcer likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 07:45 PM

Garage

Reading this made my Friday.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
I'm in my garage playing mechanic with the V about a month ago. My neighbor Stan stops in and we are shooting the shhh and kicking up dust. He had told me he wanted to get back into riding and he really likes the Versys. I had given him the particulars and he really likes the prices on used ones. Fast forward a few weeks and beep beep, he bought an '09 fully loaded for a song.

All is well, right? Not really. A few days later.......

Stan's wife Kelli comes knocking on the garage and screaming about how her love of her life is going to get killed and leave her a widow with two children. I open the door and try to settle her down. I tell her in no uncertain terms about how I simply gave Stan information and my opinion of the Versys. I told her she needs to talk to her hubby about anything she has a problem with. I gotta an old lady and don't need the drama. She's crying and shaking but still angry. She's convinced I manipulated Stan into buying a motorbike and wants to fight me. She's 110 soaking wet, I'm 6'5" and 300+. And I'm a lover not a fighter. I try to get Stan on the phone and all I'm getting is voicemail. That S.O.B. is out riding and I'm stuck in a bad soap opera.

So, I do what makes sense to me, I tell Kelli I'll go look for Stan..wink wink, so they can talk. I jump on the V and head out. I didn't find Stan and hope I never do. Good times.
Maybe if his wife wasn't such a bitch she would have know this was happening..

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 10:13 PM

Got any pics?
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-15-2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieglitter View Post

Reading this made my Friday.
+1 I need this.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-15-2015, 12:11 PM
RMS

Look`s like Stan is making a statement to his wife,, ( it is my way or the highway)
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-15-2015, 01:03 PM

It's reading stories like these that makes me appreciated the wife I have. I come home with a new bike every year or so - whether we can afford it or not! I never have more than one at a time, though. Well, maybe sometimes I do. :-) She just shakes her head, smiles at me and says, "you and your bikes".
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-15-2015, 01:09 PM

When I restarted riding motorcycles 14 years ago, my wife really did not complain or threaten. She did request that I increase my life insurance and long term disability insurance coverage, at least until the kids were grown up and out of college.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-15-2015, 05:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGalToo View Post
It's almost always easier to blame someone else. That's apparently how the sentence "Now look what you made me do." came to be.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-15-2015, 07:42 PM

Tell her you thought she'd be way more pissed about his new girlfriend, then run!

2014 Valkyrie 1800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode