How is the V1000 2-up experience? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
How is the V1000 2-up experience?

Just in time for DrGonzo's post, in which he asks what it's like to ride 2-up on a 2015 650 LT, I'm asking the same question about the 2015 Versys 1000 LT.

Has anyone gone on a multiday trip, two-up, on the V1000 LT? If so, what did the pilot and the pillion think?

On DrGonzo's thread, alba says his girlfriend sat on the back at the IMS and gave it thumbs-up for comfort, but I'm looking for comments from people who have ridden the V1000 LT two-up for a few hundred miles.

Anyone?

2009 Versys
2004 EX-500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 05:32 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
http://www.motoadrenaline.net/2015/0...g-machine.html

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks, Weljo! I thought I had mad Google skillz, but my googling had not turned that up.

2009 Versys
2004 EX-500

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 05:36 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden View Post
Just in time for DrGonzo's post, in which he asks what it's like to ride 2-up on a 2015 650 LT, I'm asking the same question about the 2015 Versys 1000 LT.

Has anyone gone on a multiday trip, two-up, on the V1000 LT? If so, what did the pilot and the pillion think?

On DrGonzo's thread, alba says his girlfriend sat on the back at the IMS and gave it thumbs-up for comfort, but I'm looking for comments from people who have ridden the V1000 LT two-up for a few hundred miles.

Anyone?
My wife hasn't gone a few hundred miles, but I have. For the short rides we've done together, she thought the seat was the most comfortable she has experienced and we've owned a lot of bikes. I like it too, but I suspected its showroom softness would lead to monkey butt in the long run. For me it did. Funny thing was, it would burn for a while and then I'd feel fine again. Usually, when I get monkey butt, only stopping for the day eased the discomfort.

The bike has a high center of gravity and putting someone way up high behind you only makes it worse. No biggie when riding above a walking pace, but low speed maneuvering can be a little tricky. Best to have your passenger know not to move around much back there when you're starting and stopping or riding through a parking lot looking for a space.

At highway speeds, my wife did mention that she was getting substantial wind blast. I'll need to get a bigger/better windscreen before we do any distance riding. I'm hoping V-Stream brings out a screen for it. I was very happy with my last one on an FJR. Made a huge improvement over stock. I've heard good things about MRA screens too.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 05:38 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden View Post
Thanks, Weljo! I thought I had mad Google skillz, but my googling had not turned that up.

That guy is a member here. He posted that on the TWT Forum that i'm also on.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode