2-up riding on a 2015 650? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2-up riding on a 2015 650?

Question for those of you who jumped on the new Versys 650. How is 2 up riding?

Ive heard someone say that the wheelbase on the old models was too short and made two up riding a little sketchy. Any improvements made to the 2015 in regards to this? What about 2 up riding with full sidebags? Im considering adding the new Versys to the stable but it would be used quite a bit for two up riding and possibly long distance riding, just looking for peoples personal experience with this.

Last edited by DrGonzo; 05-07-2015 at 04:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 04:38 PM

Two up with gear? Think I would go with a left-over Super Tenere.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 05:00 PM

I can't answer your questions directly but the girlfriend and I did sit on the both the 650 and 1000 at the IMS bike show. The 650 felt the same as the older models (I have a 2011), certainly the seat was identical. The 1000 got the thumbs up from the gf in terms of the seat, completely different and looks much more comfortable. Seemed to be more room for both of us as well. If funds allow then the 1k would be the better bike based on your needs.

I have been on a few 2up rides on my 650 (just a few as she does not find it comfortable). Yes, it's wobbly at walking speeds but at higher speeds it does just fine.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I had an 09 Riding 2-up was not an issue. The video below is my girls first time riding with me. I weighed around 320lbs at the time she's about 115lbs... I bought an FJR but she liked the Versys more.

http://youtu.be/MXahwgp4Za4?t=17m39s

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 05:31 PM

just did a 117 mile run, both of us are about 145. I am not the strongest guy in the world, but I don't have much problems riding 2 up! Just have to put my feet down more at stop signs, where normally I can completely stop and keep my feet on the pegs.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 05:58 PM

I have felt better balanced on the Versys with a passenger than with my cruiser but she felt cramped and hated the seat.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 06:03 PM

I have a 09 with around 8k miles two up loaded down for camping. Weighed in at 900-950lbs on a truck scale which is about where I expected to be. No problems at all. Not exactly a rocket but no problems getting to or maintaining any speed we wanted.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input guys. Ill have to take the woman to a dealer and have her sit on the pillion and see what she thinks.

Unfortunately the 1000 is a bit out of my price range at the moment.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 08:00 PM

I just did 1000 km trip over 3 days with my girlfriend and (half full) 3 cases on a '08 Versys. She said she enjoyed the ride and cruising and overtaking weren't an issue. I am sure that bigger bikes are comfier but this is one competent little bike
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
I've ridden OVER 1,000 miles w/ a passenger (about 5'2", 115#) and that includes a fair amount of dirt roads. She says she's QUITE comfortable!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 05:04 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
i have a 2008 not a 2015 but i ride 2 up 90% of the time i ride my V and the only problem ive ever had was it being a bit wheelie happy in first gear if you get to wild with the throttle but other then that if you have a good passenger it does just fine

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode