2015 foot peg position? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2015 foot peg position?

Love the new bike but...I know they moved the pegs forward/lower just a touch on the 2015 model. When I'm riding they're great but at stops they seem to be right where I want to put my feet...I'm finding that I'm having to stretch my legs out more to the side, it's just not as natural as on my previous Honda CBR.

Anyone else notice that? I'm scooting back and forth trying to find the "right" seat position and that has an impact on it as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandBike View Post
Love the new bike but...I know they moved the pegs forward/lower just a touch on the 2015 model. When I'm riding they're great but at stops they seem to be right where I want to put my feet...I'm finding that I'm having to stretch my legs out more to the side, it's just not as natural as on my previous Honda CBR.

Anyone else notice that? I'm scooting back and forth trying to find the "right" seat position and that has an impact on it as well.
Yeah, I notice that too. I just put my feet down in front of them and use my calves to fold the footpegs up out of my way. I really like their placement for riding though. Even so, I'd love to get a set of highway pegs for it.

I am thinking of adjusting the handlebars up and forward a bit. Their placement isn't terrible, but it just seems a little too laid back for spirited riding. Not sure about the levers though. Sometimes mfgs have holes in the bars they peg them to, so that changing the angle of the bars changes the angle of the controls and I don't want to do that.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 04:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Yeah, I notice that too. I just put my feet down in front of them and use my calves to fold the footpegs up out of my way. I really like their placement for riding though. Even so, I'd love to get a set of highway pegs for it.

I am thinking of adjusting the handlebars up and forward a bit. Their placement isn't terrible, but it just seems a little too laid back for spirited riding. Not sure about the levers though. Sometimes mfgs have holes in the bars they peg them to, so that changing the angle of the bars changes the angle of the controls and I don't want to do that.
You should be able to unless they changed from the Gen 2 models. There are NO HOLES in the bars of my 2011. I've added 3 1/2" of rise and changed the angle of my levers and bars with no adverse effects. You should be able to do the same.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaJeff View Post
You should be able to unless they changed from the Gen 2 models. There are NO HOLES in the bars of my 2011. I've added 3 1/2" of rise and changed the angle of my levers and bars with no adverse effects. You should be able to do the same.
Thanks!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 07:08 PM

Sounds like they didn't change it that much (or some people would say enough), because that is a common complaint with the first and second gen bikes as well...

Gustavo

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Interesting.
It's great when rolling. Since it's touted as being a good bike around town it's interesting that they didn't find a way to make it a bit more stoplight friendly. If that's my only complaint, though, I think we are dong pretty well!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandBike View Post

Initially on my '08 and '09 I was getting bruised on the front of my shins. After a bit of 'seat-time' I guess I put my feet down differently now.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 10:24 PM

Garage
I wonder if it's possible to swap the foot peg mounting bracket from a 2015 to a Gen 1 or 2 Versys? That way you could have the pegs in a little better (for taller folks) position.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode