EZ-Pass - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
EZ-Pass

Has anybody had any issues with tinted windscreens and ezpass? I haven't mounted mine yet (and it failed to trigger the gate today, handheld) but I'm wondering if I should look for alternatives to inside the windscreen right in front of the cowling.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 06:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I have mine mounted inside my windscreen & have a 50/50 chance of it triggering.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 06:24 PM

My Versys has MRA Vario windscreen installed and I have tried numerous different heights for the EZ-Pass placement, but there is still a 50/50 chance it will activate. I've tried holding it up right above the windshield and there is still a 50/50 chance. Sometimes it doesn't read at all and sometimes entering and exiting the turnpike it will read normally. I am guessing the booths has some issue detecting our weight (?) because there were two instances that my EZ-Pass paid for the 3 axle truck following behind me.

Currently, I have it placed in my tank bag and enter the booth at speeds less than 10MPH and it has worked like a charm.

For times that it failed to read, my license plate does get captured by the cameras and I just get charged normally.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 06:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Mine's been working fine behind my tinted MRA Xcreen.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Cool, thanks. My buddy asked if I ever had problems with it, and I don't really recall any major annoyances before.. He had gone in a gate and it didn't trigger.. Lady said it was a weight issue. The very next day I had it happen to me, like he cursed me!

I held it out in front of the windscreen today and it didn't work, but the gate was up so I just drove on through. I think I'll put it right where I had it before, and hopefully the tint doesn't mess with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode