What size Valve Stem for my Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
What size Valve Stem for my Versys

Tired of beating my knuckles up checking the PSI so want to go with a 90 deg stem. What size do I need a 10mm or 8mm?

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 03:50 PM

10mm.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 04:10 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
https://www.kurveygirl.com/shop/inde...jhdb8jkjtlqvj7

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Just ordered a pair from Kurvey Girl.

2012 650 Versys
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
Thanks Just ordered a pair from Kurvey Girl.
My air pressure has been pretty constant since Dec/2014. Good, you will be the tester of these to see how they vary in air pressure. Longer valves stems are usually more chance for things to go wrong from tire busting experience a long time ago. It sounds nice however, but if that ever gets to be a problem for me, Ill get a three wheeler
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
My air pressure has been pretty constant since Dec/2014. Good, you will be the tester of these to see how they vary in air pressure. Longer valves stems are usually more chance for things to go wrong from tire busting experience a long time ago. It sounds nice however, but if that ever gets to be a problem for me, Ill get a three wheeler
Sounds kinda like "Here hold this bag" while you run away!

2012 650 Versys
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 05:29 PM

Garage
I had a set on the Versys and put a set on the FJR right after i bought it. Never had an issue and made putting air in much easier...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I had a set on the Versys and put a set on the FJR right after i bought it. Never had an issue and made putting air in much easier...
I remember you posting about them so when you put up a link for me I whipped out my CC and ordered them.

2012 650 Versys
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 05:39 PM

Garage
Quote:
I remember you posting about them so when you put up a link for me I whipped out my CC and ordered them.
There are some cheaper one out there. But certain things i don't do cheap.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
What size Valve Stem for my Versys

Make sure when they fit them that they point to the correct side of the bike!!!!

On the Versys point them to the RHS of the bike.

This means easier access when on the side stand.
As the chain is on the left side your hands will now stay clean.
Front were just harder to get too as the wheel has to be turned but it still has a lean.

My bike original owner got them put on as a freebie deal from Pirelli, tyre monkey put them on pointed to the left WTF!!!!
I got them rotated correctly when I got new rubber. People just mount them and forget about access.

Last edited by Gigitt; 04-19-2015 at 05:42 PM.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

I agree with that, I don't do cheap on gear, tires or brakes...not worth it.

Yep. RH side is the way to go.

2012 650 Versys
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigitt View Post
Make sure when they fit them that they point to the correct side of the bike!!!!

On the Versys point them to the RHS of the bike.

This means easier access when on the side stand.
As the chain is on the left side your hands will now stay clean.
Front were just harder to get too as the wheel has to be turned but it still has a lean.

My bike original owner got them put on as a freebie deal from Pirelli, tyre monkey put them on pointed to the left WTF!!!!
I got them rotated correctly when I got new rubber. People just mount them and forget about access.
I always put mine up on the centerstand when putting air in. That way i can simultaneously check for nails in the tires too.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-22-2015, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
I would suggest that NONE of you get the rubber 90 degree stems (ONLY the metal 90s that "bolt" on). I had rubber 90s, and suffered a flat caused by it. Replaced it w/ the straight ones like stock...!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-24-2015, 05:29 PM

I stand corrected

post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-24-2015, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Kawdog, I have a pair of those sitting here to be installed tomorrow when the tires go on.

They are the fanciest valve stems I've ever seen much less owned!

2012 650 Versys
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 10:09 PM

Got mine from Kurveygirl on Sat

Thanks for that link, Weljo2001. That's one of those things I'd never think about, but I bet after I have it I'll never have a bike without 'em.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Kawdog, I have a pair of those sitting here to be installed tomorrow when the tires go on.

They are the fanciest valve stems I've ever seen much less owned!
Yeah, I've got them coming next week too, and the ones Joe said you can screw on each time temporarily after that since if you pop a sealed tire it's a goner. The thin rubber film on the wheel edge will disintegrate, and with the cords damaged from removing and putting back on an old tire, it's called cords of disharmony. It won't last 2,000 more miles. I've got at least 8,000 miles left on both of my tires so I'll use the $9 temporary on/off solution for now; and when I put the new tires on, that's when I'll put the Kurvey Girl's on. That's why your tire man gives you such a good deal: he knows you will be back soon because your tires will go downhill fast. You can't balance out tire degeneration.

Last edited by kawdog; 04-26-2015 at 10:34 PM.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 10:59 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullcircle View Post
Thanks for that link, Weljo2001. That's one of those things I'd never think about, but I bet after I have it I'll never have a bike without 'em.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 11:37 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Never get sushi at a strip club then. Why did I do it? 😷
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode