Metzeler M7 RR - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Metzeler M7 RR

Just ordered a set of Metzeler M7 RR's for my bike. Anyone else running these?

Just got the bike on the road and with 11,500 kilometres on the factory tires, I realized real quick it was time to change.

Lovin every minute of it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Very nice tires... Nobody's ever tried them before. You'll be the first.

http://www.metzeler.com/site/com/pro...rtec-M7RR.html
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 03:48 AM Thread Starter

My local shop had the front but had to order the rear. Should have them on in a week or so, can't wait to try them!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 07:45 AM

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 12:42 AM

METZELER Sportec M7 RR: Evaluated as best SUPERSPORT TYRE by German magazine MOTORRAD.

The latest member of the family from the tyre brand of German origins won the comparative test thanks to its ‘easy handling and sporty performance’, even after long usage, combined with excellent total mileage.

Metzeler Sport Touring Tyre M7 RR

The new Metzeler SPORTEC M7 RR, the new tyre born from the experience of METZELER in road racing competitions, is able to guarantee the highest levels of handling and safety even in the most difficult situations that may be encountered on the road. The tyre won the supersport comparative test conducted by the prestigious German magazine Motorrad. which has tested the latest member of the SPORTECTM family comparing it with Pirelli DIABLO ROSSO™ Corsa, Michelin Pilot Power 3, Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S20 EVO, Continental Sport Attack 2 and Dunlop SportSmart2.

As described in detail in the 10/2014 issue of Motorrad, the comparative test was conducted using tyres in 120/70 R17 front and 190/55 R17 rear sizes, mounted on six BMW S1000RR motorcycles. All the six tyre models were tested on the road at high speed (motorway and highway) as well as on track, at two different times: first when the products were completely new and then after 4,000 km, so as to verify the performance in relation to wear and mileage. Furthermore, a test was also performed in the wet.

Among the parameters taken into consideration to evaluate the performance of the tyres being tested were handling, steering precision, stability in turns, grip whilst leaning, traction in acceleration, performance in conditions at the limit, descending rapidly into a leaning position and return to the upright position, lap time on the track in addition to the already above mentioned values related to wear and mileage which have been measured separately for front and rear.

Motorrad’s testers, at the conclusion of the test which took place on the roads of central and northern Italy and Sardinia, as well as on the Spanish track of Alcarràs, have decreed SPORTECTM M7 RR as the best supersport tyre as it had a balanced behaviour in all areas being tested, especially on the track, and constant performance even after many miles. The new SPORTEC™ M7 RR main strength is its sporty handling, the excellent behaviour in the wet and high mileage, increased by 20 percent compared to its predecessor, the SPORTEC M5 INTERACT™.

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/MCNews5252.html
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Invader for posting that. I'm really looking forward to getting these tires on. I'll post a review when I do.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2015, 02:50 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avande View Post
Just ordered a set of Metzeler M7 RR's for my bike. Anyone else running these?

Just got the bike on the road and with 11,500 kilometres on the factory tires, I realized real quick it was time to change.

Have not seen these reviewed before on this site. Since Mezler and Pirelli are now the same company and these are made in the same factory I would expect there to be some commonality with Pirelli products.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2015, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

I finally got these tires on and took it for a test ride today. Amazing tires, huge difference from the stock. They do exactly what Metzeler says they will. They're an excellent all round tire. They are a little taller than the stock dunlops and lean in real easy, the bike feels like it corners on a dime. Excellent grip and the ride is so smooth. I rode on pavement in the country that had some sand and dirt on it, the highway as well as a gravel road.... These tires make you feel very confident in comparison to the stock dunlops. I haven't riden in the rain yet, but so far I'm loving these tires. They warm up quick and stick to the road extremely well.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2015, 12:45 PM

I think they are overkill for the Versys. I'd consider them for my GSX-R 600, but on the Versys I'll stick with Sport Touring tires. Actually I just got a set of Pilot Road 4, which were the top Sport Touring tires on the 2014 Motorrad Magazine ST tire test.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2015, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

The more I ride on them, the more I like them. Anyone who likes to ride the versys for all it's worth will definitely appreciate these. If all you do is ride straight down a highway, ya they probably are overkill then.

I was out on a sandy gravel road as well for a bit today and they felt better than the stockers ever did. These truly are a very good all round sport tire. Haven't tried them in rain yet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode