Harbor Freight Find-o-the-day - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Harbor Freight Find-o-the-day

Stopped by Harbor Freight today to snag a swing arm stand, which they didn't have. Although, I did find this little gem for $4. Also, potentially useful as a cat trap.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2929.jpg (55.0 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2930.jpg (43.7 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2928.jpg (55.2 KB, 67 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 08:17 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
You might want to glue the little white protective tips on. If they come off things will get scratched....

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 08:18 PM

Garage
They also carry a couple of good rear stands

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Good advice on the little tips. I was actually thinking about sliding on some surgical or rubber tubing.

I was after the swing arm stand they have. I'm hoping that the width is right. If not I'll get their spool stand.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 10:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulff81 View Post
Good advice on the little tips. I was actually thinking about sliding on some surgical or rubber tubing.

I was after the swing arm stand they have. I'm hoping that the width is right. If not I'll get their spool stand.

I have both of their stands. The black one i was able to get the adapters to make it a front wheel stand. The adapters are no longer available. I gave the silver stand to the guy that bought my Versys but i kept the black one...

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I have both of their stands. The black one i was able to get the adapters to make it a front wheel stand. The adapters are no longer available. I gave the silver stand to the guy that bought my Versys but i kept the black one...

How do you like your seat? Is it comfortable and have you ever had a chance to compare it with other seats? Thanks

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 12:39 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by E327 View Post
How do you like your seat? Is it comfortable and have you ever had a chance to compare it with other seats? Thanks

The seat in the photo is an Adcock Flat Seat. I've also had a Baldwin Tall Leather Seat, A Russell Day-Long,Corbin,2 Kawi Gel Seats,Seat Concepts. For nothing but long trips I'd get the Russell for everything else I'd prefer the Seat Concepts. Hated the Corbin. The Adcock was a good seat for me because i could scoot back and stretch the legs. If you ride with a passenger get the normal Adcock Seat.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

Garage
What kind of seat is that?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 12:44 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulff81 View Post
What kind of seat is that?

Adcock Flat Seat. If you order from Terry directly he still might give a $25.00 discount. He did when i ordered way back when. His contact info is at the bottom of this page......http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-650...6704ee&vxp=mtr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 12:48 AM

Garage
Baldwin Tall....

IMG_0009 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 12:51 AM

Garage
Had the Seat Concepts on it when i sold it to the new owner in the photo...Don't have any photos of the other seat anymore..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
The seat in the photo is an Adcock Flat Seat. I've also had a Baldwin Tall Leather Seat, A Russell Day-Long,Corbin,2 Kawi Gel Seats,Seat Concepts. For nothing but long trips I'd get the Russell for everything else I'd prefer the Seat Concepts. Hated the Corbin. The Adcock was a good seat for me because i could scoot back and stretch the legs. If you ride with a passenger get the normal Adcock Seat.

Good info. Thanks!

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 07:31 PM

Where is a good place to get those spools for the rear swing arm? I thought I saw them somewhere but were very expensive, almost 100 bucks! Must have been for the front, engine part, that is way too expensive for rear spools.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 07:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaofan View Post
Where is a good place to get those spools for the rear swing arm? I thought I saw them somewhere but were very expensive, almost 100 bucks! Must have been for the front, engine part, that is way too expensive for rear spools.

http://www.shop.motowerk.com/Swingar...10MMSPOOLS.htm

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 09:42 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
egay

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 11:23 PM

Quote:

You need to choose between composite or metal spools after that any 10 mm size bolts will work. All of them should be $20 or less including shipping. Motor Werks is always good stuff and you can also look on eBay.

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 01:30 AM

Thanks! These are quite affordable!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode