Anyone own a new 1000 LT? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 07:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Anyone own a new 1000 LT?

I was wondering if anyone on here owns one of the new Versys 1000 LT models? I have been looking at them and so far, I am impressed. Is there going to be a separate forum for 1000 owners?

2010 Versys - 2007 Honda Goldwing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 07:38 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiseman View Post
I was wondering if anyone on here owns one of the new Versys 1000 LT models? I have been looking at them and so far, I am impressed.
Best sport-touring bang for the buck maybe ever. There are a at least few owners here. So far I haven't heard any major complaints. I hope to join there ranks next week, if my dealer finally gets one in.

Quote:
Is there going to be a separate forum for 1000 owners?
If Kawdog has anything to do with it, it'll be called the Brickyard.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 10:04 AM

There are getting to be more here now that it is available in the US.
There is a 1000 forum the last few years, mostly UK and European members.

2013 Versys1000

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 12:27 PM

Quote:
I was wondering if anyone on here owns one of the new Versys 1000 LT models? I have been looking at them and so far, I am impressed. Is there going to be a separate forum for 1000 owners?
Excellent idea. The 2 bike models are night and day in mental focus, although leaders in each category. But trying to read through the board would be a whole lot more streamline if you could focus your attention to your specific interests. It would seem like a cut and paste of a few categories under the heading of V1K (conceptually anyway.)

I think a few of us were thinking along the same lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
If Kawdog has anything to do with it, it'll be called the Brickyard.
And if Saddlebag has anything to do with it, it'd be called "Deerslayer II: He knows where I ride before I do, but I have a 550 lb surprise for him."

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-COASTER View Post
There are getting to be more here now that it is available in the US.
There is a 1000 forum the last few years, mostly UK and European members.
Yeah, it really does look like it will have a huge following in the US: inline 4's are owned by everyone here. It could seriously ding BMW's K bike's ('brick's') demand, as well as all the Jap crotch rockets. It is the pragmatic alternative to the H2 Kawasaki "Widow-Maker II."

Last edited by kawdog; 04-11-2015 at 12:53 PM.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Someone in your neck of the woods has one.....http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...=Versys+%21000

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Someone in your neck of the woods has one.....http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...=Versys+%21000
And he has a surgically sewn-in grin too! They are deluxe performance touring machines though.

I thought Joe was going to surprise us with his new V1K. They cost near half of what they are worth. The Vs. machines are value plus performers. Kawasaki should be gaining market share when people start smelling the coffee (and LA dock workers get up off their A$$.)

Last edited by kawdog; 04-11-2015 at 09:50 PM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-2015, 04:56 PM

Yes, a few V1K'ers around

So yes! I'm all for a V1KERS board so we can focus more, search less, and the 650ers (and everyone else) can come and drool.

After a few days of cruising about, the only thing I can complain about is that because the drive train is essentially a Z1000 ninja, it is geared for incredible acceleration, which means too low and too closely geared gears. You can easily start from 2nd gear, and each next gear doesn't give you much more before you have to upshift again. I have ordered a 16t CS sprocket (stock is 15t). Everything else is pure icing on the cake!

Oh, for those of you man cave wrenches, it looks like (unless I am mistaken) this bike does not have a radiator bypass hose (same dilemma with the KLR650). Too bad! Something else to T-bob.

Again, and for the moderators, lets form a V1KERS board!
Jeff
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-2015, 08:12 PM

anyone have a quote for their insurance on the v1k? for the ninja 1000, for me (24 single male), it was around $3500 for full coverage through progressive (more than the actual bike payment would have been).

just curious as to what the v1k owners are paying to insure them.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-2015, 08:41 PM

I picked up my 1000 LT last week.

2015 Versys 1000 LT

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-2015, 10:00 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderBlue View Post
anyone have a quote for their insurance on the v1k? for the ninja 1000, for me (24 single male), it was around $3500 for full coverage through progressive (more than the actual bike payment would have been).

just curious as to what the v1k owners are paying to insure them.
Your age is a killer. My Progressive quote was for four hundred and change.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 07:07 AM

progressive wanted $490 to insure my 650! I went with allstate and got it for $270.

I love my 650 and feel no need for a bigger bike, but it would be nice to be ABLE to have the option. the insane insurance is the limiting factor on engine size for me currently. hopefully, when I turn 25 the rates will go down for me.

that 1000 felt great when I rode the ninja at americade last year, it had just a little buzz in the handlebars though. I bet the v1k is super fun to ride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode