Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

New owner from SC

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  antman325 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all. This site helped me choose the Versys over a Wee Strom. I am very excited as this is my first bike. Pick it up later today. $6969 out the door. Now I have to find some affordable insurance. Allstate is crazy!! looking forward to some good info from this forum and also hope to provide some as well.

#7 ·
I picked it up tuesday and didn't ride till today due to insurance and riding gear issues. Going to try to get through a lot of the break-in mileage this weekend in the mountains and country roads. Can't Wait!! Got my insurance through AIG, fairly decent rate I think.

#9 ·
Going to try to get through a lot of the break-in mileage this weekend in the mountains and country roads. Can't Wait!!
I just hit the 1000 mile mark on mine. I'll tell you what, a bike like the V is a bugger to keep in the 4k range for 600miles. I rode between 4 - 5k, occasionally rolling up to 6 and backing off. Then after the 600mile service, I rode between 6-7k (much easier!) occasionally rolling up to 8 and backing off. Now its knuts to the knollpost! Have fun:thumb:

#8 ·
allstate

Hello all. This site helped me choose the Versys over a Wee Strom. I am very excited as this is my first bike. Pick it up later today. $6969 out the door. Now I have to find some affordable insurance. Allstate is crazy!! looking forward to some good info from this forum and also hope to provide some as well.
I bought from Allstate,$210 annually,full,$500 deductables.Insurance is really a 'racket' IMhO.My price I am sure is based on age,and all the policies I already have with Allstate.But what a business to be in,government mandated product.Also,good luck with the 'V'. Cjheers........Lefty.

#10 ·
Welcome! My greatest trip was bringing it home while breaking in, :) hit all the backroads from Kansas to Louisiana, took me 3 days.;) My wife goes, just get on the highway and come home, I go, can't run that fast, but I found a great little road that goes through the mountains of Arkansas, ha.

#13 · (Edited)
I am new as of today to this forum . I am picking up my brand hammer new Versys tomorrow and probably won't sleep well tonght . LOL
I am hoping for a forum that is helpful and willing to pass on experiences and share tech type info . For I am not reall techy but can learn about anything for an old dog .

I also have an 07 KLR and love her dearly , but it was time to add a VERSYS to the line up . Just wanted to introduce myself and see what was going on in the forum .Hopefully there will be some folks organizing some group ride in my area to help me to get to know my new Versys .
Every review I have read , and every owner of the Versys I have talked to have simply ben elated to ride a Versys . I am hopong for them same . Hopefully , I am posting in the correct thread here . It will take me a day or so to figure this forum out , so please be patient with me until I get it under control .

Thanks for the opportunity to explore this forum , Wes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.