Delivery of 2015 650 LT - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Delivery of 2015 650 LT

Has anyone actually taken delivery of a 2015 650 LT in North America?

Just curious. I have a feeling our bikes are floating off the coast of California on a cargo ship.

2015 Versys 1000 LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 04:43 PM

There's a couple for sale in my local dealership. The green one is in the show room. I know they seem to be more popular than the old style, but it just doesn't do it for me. It now looks like every other Japanese bike out there. That's just a personal opinion though. Think I'll keep my 2012 for a while. I am happy that the Versys line will be around for a while.

Lovin every minute of it!
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 05:12 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
White one in one of dealerships within 90 miles of me. You might be overlooking it because it looks just like a Kawasaki sport bike.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

You have seen LTs on the floor? I have only seen the ABS models on the floor.

2015 Versys 1000 LT

post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 06:30 PM

Yes, I currently have a white one sitting in my garage as we speak. Some dealers closer to me said they are held up in California and they do not know when they will get them in, some have the 1000, but not the 650s

Last edited by 15VersysLS; 02-27-2015 at 06:32 PM.
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avande View Post
There's a couple for sale in my local dealership. The green one is in the show room. I know they seem to be more popular than the old style, but it just doesn't do it for me. It now looks like every other Japanese bike out there. That's just a personal opinion though. Think I'll keep my 2012 for a while. I am happy that the Versys line will be around for a while.
Really? See I would of never considered a versys before this model came out, I always thought they were ugly, I saw it and thought it was a darn good looking bike and just had to have it. The sales people did not know much about these or how many they would probably sell. If anything the front looks like a tiger 1050 only smaller obviously. I guess everyone has their own opinion.
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15VersysLS View Post
Yes, I currently have a white one sitting in my garage as we speak. Some dealers closer to me said they are held up in California and they do not know when they will get them in, some have the 1000, but not the 650s
Heck yeah! And I'm jealous. Hopefully the weather improves soon for you.

2015 Versys 1000 LT

post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 10:48 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Really? See I would of never considered a versys before this model came out, I always thought tohey were ugly, I saw it and thought it was a darn good looking bike and just had to have it. The sales people did not know much about these or how many they would probably sell. If anything the front looks like a tiger 1050 only smaller obviously. I guess everyone has their own opinion.
The 2nd gen versys is more unique looking. Some of us like unique. Some of us like to look like the others. I think all the generations are good looking bikes, but I like the 2nd gen the best.

My Versys Travels:

post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 05:19 AM

I had a first gen and I really liked the looks
Now I have a 2nd gen and I like
it better. The 3rd gen looks like a
vstrom. Sure the bags fit closer but they
are smaller. And the windscreen can be
raised without tools, just bring something
to clean the bugs out. The driving lights
are cool though.

post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 06:03 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
The 2nd gen versys is more unique looking. Some of us like unique. Some of us like to look like the others. I think all the generations are good looking bikes, but I like the 2nd gen the best.
Even without the cyclops headlight, the Versys are both still a pretty unique looking bikes. Don't look like any other bikes I can think of.
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 05:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
+1

Binderline
post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 08:22 PM

My dealer had a black LT 650 in stock and I snapped it up right away, they have it in storage for me and I should probably get it in a month... come on warm weather!
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkay View Post
My dealer had a black LT 650 in stock and I snapped it up right away, they have it in storage for me and I should probably get it in a month... come on warm weather!
Are you in Canada? We don't get that color in the U.S.

2015 Versys 1000 LT

post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidder View Post
Sure wish we did, that would of been my first color choice, we only have black in the 1000. Seems like they would of made the same colors regardless of the size.
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Sure wish we did, that would of been my first color choice, we only have black in the 1000. Seems like they would of made the same colors regardless of the size.
Actually, the 1000 comes in black or orange/black in the US.

2015 Versys 1000 LT

post #16 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-01-2015, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidder View Post
Yes I am in Canada, it was black or green.
post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-01-2015, 06:27 PM

on 2nd Generation Looking the best!

2012 Pittsburgh Steeler Versys

post #18 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 03:40 PM

Just got one - pearl white LT from Southbay Motorsports in Chula Vista, CA - that's San Diego County.
post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 08:12 PM

2012 Pearl Gold Metal-Flake
post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Bunch of thread-jacking Gen 1 and 2 owners posting here.

2015 Versys 1000 LT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode