Asking for forgiveness - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Asking for forgiveness

I come to you today to ask for forgiveness ..... I sat on a Tiger 800 and I kinda liked it.

It was -12 outside with snow and ice on the road so no test ride, but the bike definitely has my interest. Maybe I will wait it out a year until they work the bugs out of all the upgrades they just added to the 2015.

Or maybe I just have PMS (parked motorcycle syndrome) and when I get back on the Versys in a couple months all of this nonsense will go away.

Either way, I am sorry!

Mitch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 01:45 PM

Nothing wrong with flirting. As long as number one isn't around to see it.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 03:31 PM

Ya I think it's just PMS. I kind of like the 800 also and have test ridden them more than once. It's a nice bike but it's bigger than a V. The last time my son's and I test road one we all ended up with Versys.
I know what it's like to always be looking. It was -9 this morning and I was thinking of a new bike. It's just the weather.
870Buz

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 03:49 PM

You know what they say- Anyone can read the menu; they just can't order.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Harley riders ride Harleys FOREVER...the rest of us are more flexible...It's got two wheels and an engin..err..motor..enuff said
all of the Tiger owners I know LOVE love love their bikes...

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 06:20 PM

Garage
I've test ridden a tiger and liked it
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 06:58 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAp9BKosZXs

Last edited by saddlebag; 02-16-2015 at 07:00 PM.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Hell, if I had to ask for forgiveness for every motorcycle I sit on, and covet, I'd have to add my forgiveness to my signature line. LOL!

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 09:37 PM

I think about the Tiger 800 frequently and wish they did something about the frame tube that sticks out into the inside of me knee. Not so comfy...

When they change that part of the design, it'll be much harder to keep my loyalty...

An 800CC Versys would be cool too, but I highly doubt that will happen with the 650 and 1000 already out there.

2011 Imperial Red
Givi V46 / V35's SW Motech mounts
Skidmarx hugger Moto Werks bar riser
Mondo Motors LED Driving Lights
A little bit of road rash
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 09:45 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
I test road a Tiger for two hours last summer and never noticed this. I have a 32in inseam.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 10:24 PM
MTS

Even the Pope can not help you now!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2015, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
For now I'll just drool over the specs and the book the dealer sent home with me.

Hopefully PMS wears off, but I will still take one for a test ride this summer some time.
With my 36" inseam there are only a few bikes I don't feel cramped on. I'll have to see if this one feels good after a few miles, they all feel good in the showroom for 30 seconds.

I have already planted the seed with my wife, gotta think ahead like that just in case.

Mitch
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2015, 08:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'm keeping a list.

All ya'all are in trouble !

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2015, 11:08 AM

So sunny and wonderful here in Oregon this weekend, my Versys got a good workout and she performed flawlessly just like always!
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 08:41 PM

I've been enjoying the heck out of my new V 650. But...during the week when I can't ride I've been lusting for an S1000R. I sat on one and it just felt right...the height is perfect for me and all the electronics...hmmm. But then the weekend comes and I get to ride the V again, enjoying the wind protection going too fast on HWY 1, and the naked S1000R memories begin to fade. Maybe in a year or so when there are some used ones on the market.

The S1000XR that is supposed to be released later this year sounds and looks just like a V, but with the S1000RR engine. Probably not different enough from my V to strike a lot of interest, kind of like the woman who looks exactly like your wife...meh.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banhmi View Post
The S1000XR that is supposed to be released later this year sounds and looks just like a V, but with the S1000RR engine. Probably not different enough from my V to strike a lot of interest...
If more than double the horsepower is "not different enough," then I fear you might have to step up to a fighter jet to get a big enough change.

Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motociclista View Post
If more than double the horsepower is "not different enough," then I fear you might have to step up to a fighter jet to get a big enough change.
Good point! But I wont need the S1000XR if I have an S1000R and a V. My mistress needs horsepower, but I want her naked.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 02:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goat12 View Post
You know what they say- Anyone can read the menu; they just can't order.
I'm an appraiser by trade. As a healthy human it's natural to appreciate the good looks of certain items, including other women besides my wonderful wife. The basic rule to protect my marital bliss is: You can do appraisals of others, just no on site or interior inspections.

When looking at bikes 2 years ago to consider taking up riding, I sat on the Tiger, but never rode one. Seemed big at the time, but would not be intimidated as much now. But isn't the price tag double the cost of a new G3 650 V and even more than the 1000 V? For that price might not some other things come to mind? I would have to think hard about keeping the G1 V and getting a sexy naked Italian to keep her company in the garage!

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 08:12 AM

A possible cure for that sinful thinking may be to just get some heated gear, a heavy jacket, warm gloves and wait for a sunny day when the ice has melted from the roads and take your V for a spin. Winter does not have to mean long months of no riding. I ride year round here in Colorado after the last snow melts from the roads, and of course with extra caution for excess gravel. I feel your pain but If I couldn't I would go batS^*$t crazy too!

08 Versys in Red
08 BMW R1200GS
09 VStar1100 Classic Silverado
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode