GPS mounted on New Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
GPS mounted on New Versys

I have finally gotten the Zumo set u on my new Versys. I still need to run the wire under the side panel, but will do that this week. Has anyone on the board removed the side panels on the new V1K? Any hints on making sure I get them back on correctly.. you all think I am kidding haha. Where do you all have your gps located on the bike?

went with the local BMW club for a short ride yesterday. The new V1K was the talk of the breakfast. Good times.

Jerry James
Pillion: Jamie
2015 Versys 1000LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 11:14 AM

Garage
My "GPS" is in my pocket (my phone) and it bluetooths to my helmet
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAus View Post
My "GPS" is in my pocket (my phone) and it bluetooths to my helmet
Kind of hard to see the map that way, isn't it?
Unless, of course, you have a heads-up display or a really long and flexible neck.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 06:18 PM

Garage
I would need my glasses on to see the map so seeing it while I'm moving is out anyway
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAus View Post
I would need my glasses on to see the map so seeing it while I'm moving is out anyway
My issue with phones is there ain't reception in a lot of places I like to go. I assume their GPS wouldn't work without it. I also wouldn't want to run over some minute limit streaming music where I did get reception and then get an enormous phone bill. I've used XM thru a Garmin Zumo for many years and it works well. Best I can tell, it even survived the deer strike.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
You are treading in virgin territory with the V1k. Might want to get a service manual to figure out the jigsaw puzzle of bike you have.

I like RAM mounts for GPS. Use the reservoir mount.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 08:00 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
My issue with phones is there ain't reception in a lot of places I like to go. I assume their GPS wouldn't work without it. I also wouldn't want to run over some minute limit streaming music where I did get reception and then get an enormous phone bill. I've used XM thru a Garmin Zumo for many years and it works well. Best I can tell, it even survived the deer strike.
Do the GPS thing when you have reception and it's fine unless you want to change things where you have no reception. I only listen to music that is already on my phone, I only stream when I'm on wi-fi, so it works for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode