List of planned farkles for my 15 650 LT - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
List of planned farkles for my 15 650 LT

Since I'm bored out of my mind right now, I thought I'd bore the rest of you with my initial planned farkles for my 650 LT.

1) Use my Tourmaster Cortech Mini tankbag (that was easy)
2) Delrin swingarm bobbins so I can use my Pitbull rear stand
3) FZ1 Fuse Block to power my GPS, heated grips (if I get some - won't go with the Kwak ones based on initial feedback from magazine testers), powerlet to keep my phone charged and maybe some additional driving lights (the Kwak set is pricey!)
4) Frame sliders or crash bars (depends on what starts to appear on the market)
5) Perhaps an aftermarket seat after I do a few 300 mile rides to see how we get along

That's it for now. Anyone have other suggestions? For those getting a 15 650, what are you plans?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 08:49 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Heres what i did to my 09. You might see something that peeks your interest..http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=20013

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Heres what i did to my 09. You might see something that peeks your interest..http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=20013
Now how many of those are available for the OP's 2015 model?

And if you have a few more moments, which are also available for 2012 models too?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 10:03 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
Now how many of those are available for the OP's 2015 model?

And if you have a few more moments, which are also available for 2012 models too?

The 2015 might look different but its not a new bike.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 02-08-2015 at 09:24 PM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks! Your list did remind me that I want a rear rack to mount my Givi V46 when going on long trips.

2015 Versys 1000 LT

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 05:05 AM

Planned add-ons

Have had a 2015 650 for 3 weeks now and have done 3,000km.

I've already added swing arm gizmos to work with a paddock stand and a cheap power outlet that is hard wired because of the way I use it (to re-charge phone, tablet, e-book reader, camera battery after I stop at the end of day and set up camp). Also fitted a Wolfman tank bag that I had lying about.

Tomorrow I'm fitting a set of home made pannier side rails to suit a set of throw-over saddlebags that I already have. Rails will cost me a slab of beer and a few nuts and bolts. Cheap as! Kawasaki Oz doesn't import the LT, which is what I actually wanted, so I've gone to plan B.

Off on a 4,000km trip next week. Can't wait!

Future add-ons will include:

Fenda extenda
Hugger (these 2 to keep crap out of where it shouldn't be)
Heated Grips
Rear rack (my pannier side rails will incorporate a make-do rack, but the genuine article will appear some time in the future. Maybe).
Scott Oiler. Used these in the past and they double chain life.

And that should just about do it.

I feel for you guys in the cold country with nothing to do but farkle your bike. Winter is our best riding weather. We can always go north to get away from the cold. Summer can be too bloody hot.

BruceC
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 05:30 PM

Crash bars, skid plate and rad guard too!

I have been lurking with great interest Kidder. I am considering the same move from a fully kitted S10 to the LT. The S10s heft is making me weary.

Heya weljo!! Long time!

Montani Semper Liberi
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 05:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spklbuk View Post
Crash bars, skid plate and rad guard too!

I have been lurking with great interest Kidder. I am considering the same move from a fully kitted S10 to the LT. The S10s heft is making me weary.

Heya weljo!! Long time!

Where have you been? Haven't seen any videos of yours for awhile now..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 06:14 PM
MTS

Just get that fenda extenda ready. . . . its a must! IMO

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

Last edited by onewizard; 05-09-2019 at 09:03 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Where have you been? Haven't seen any videos of yours for awhile now..
Playing! on the S10 and this DR650...http://outlandmoto.com/adventure-on-...uzuki-dr650se/ that mysteriously turned up in my barn one very snowy morning.

Haven't done a video for a while. Good to hear from you.

Montani Semper Liberi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode