Kickstand Foot - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Kickstand Foot

So I see someone here already found a nice lowering link for the V1K. Unfortunately, that mfg doesn't make a corresponding kickstand. The Speedy fellow makes a nice kickstand ground plate, but oddly it is bike specific for given model years

Seems to me like any kickstand rod should fit in and cinch down with the screws, but he sure enough calls out particular ones for particular applications. Has anyone tried one of these things on a non spec'd application? Is is universal enough to make it work? He lists it for a 2015 Versys 650. Can anyone verify if they use the same stand on the V1K?

http://shop.motowerk.com/Flatfoot-fo...65ER-FF-LK.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 10:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
email him
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 01:33 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Yep agree, email him as he is really helpful and his service has been great to get stuff to me down under, got his flat foot for both my 08 versys and 2011 ninja 1000 and they are brilliant.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 03:20 AM

Saddlebag, Soupey has made an adjustable kick stand ... 1 of m, .. and it's on its way to me.

Waiting for it to arrive when I will test fit and report back.. If its all good I'm sure he'll have it included on the website.

I'm not associated with the company at all and until now never dealt with them before. My initial contact chasing a lowering kit got them on the path of confirming lowering link fitment and manufacturing a Kick stand to suit. Fingers crossed it works ..

Ian
Growing Older is Inevitable, Growing Up is Optional.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAus View Post
email him
You did that already for the lowering link and he said he needed to get the V1K in his paws first. He must have gotten a '15 650 because it's already listed as compatible with the foot on his website.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IF1960 View Post
Saddlebag, Soupey has made an adjustable kick stand ... 1 of m, .. and it's on its way to me.
Who is Soupy and do you have a website? TIA
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 02:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Its Speedy....

https://www.motowerk.com/#2601

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 02:54 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKSHOT99 View Post

No....It's a different guy..http://soupysperformance.com

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
i just use the metal plate from the back of a junction box

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:

http://soupysperformance.com/

I had contact from them this morning, Package is on its way. I should hopefully have the Link and Kick stand next week. (we are half a world apart ). I will document the install and post a thread.

Ian
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
No....It's a different guy..http://soupysperformance.com
Yeah, that's the guy who has the lowering link on Ebay. He didn't have a kickstand yet, but frankly I like Speedy's Flatfoot better. Though buying a new stand would leave the old one in tact should I decide to sell it at some point. The thing I don't like about the Soupy stands are the small foot print. They'd sink into hot asphalt around here real quick.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
i just use the metal plate from the back of a junction box
Yeah, that'll help spread the weight, but doesn't do much to make it shorter which is my desire.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
http://soupysperformance.com/

I had contact from them this morning, Package is on its way. I should hopefully have the Link and Kick stand next week. (we are half a world apart ). I will document the install and post a thread.
Great, I look forward to your report.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 04:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
Yeah, that's the guy who has the lowering link on Ebay. He didn't have a kickstand yet, but frankly I like Speedy's Flatfoot better. Though buying a new stand would leave the old one in tact should I decide to sell it at some point. The thing I don't like about the Soupy stands are the small foot print. They'd sink into hot asphalt around here real quick.

Yep, I had one of Speedy's Flatfoots on my Versys. On the FJR i just use this when needed. I get one every year when i re-new my ROK program...I just added the orange cable..

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 02-06-2015 at 04:38 PM.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Yep, I had one of Speedy's Flatfoots on my Versys. On the FJR i just use this when needed. I get one every year when i re-new my ROK program...I just added the orange cable..
The cable is a smart idea. I can't tell you how many times I've ridden off without picking up the plate. It didn't use to be a big deal as there was a metal shop where I worked and I could get little round metal plates by the bucket load. Now forgetting the damn things can get expensive.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 06:05 PM

Garage
Quote:
The cable is a smart idea. I can't tell you how many times I've ridden off without picking up the plate. It didn't use to be a big deal as there was a metal shop where I worked and I could get little round metal plates by the bucket load. Now forgetting the damn things can get expensive.

I'm just lazy and don't like to bend over to pick it up..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 05:26 AM

This was the first non Kawasaki accessory I installed...and the best one to date! I cant tell you how often I have not worried about sidestand issues with a loaded Versys on any type of ground!

Here is the maker's web site: http://twinheadlighternie.smugmug.co...3580&k=BHbrNBV

Good example:

I'm no diplomat

Last edited by aka Yamadog; 02-07-2015 at 05:30 AM.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 05:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Yamadog View Post
This was the first non Kawasaki accessory I installed...and the best one to date! I cant tell you how often I have not worried about sidestand issues with a loaded Versys on any type of ground!
Unfortunately, Soupy's stands don't have a nice flat base to work with:

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 02:54 AM

Just an update,,.. Tracking has my lowering bits and stand for the V1K from Soupy in Australia BUT its Friday and the local postal service dont deliver weekends ... So wont be till next week end till i get a chance to fit

Ian
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 05:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Just an update,,.. Tracking has my lowering bits and stand for the V1K from Soupy in Australia BUT its Friday and the local postal service dont deliver weekends ... So wont be till next week end till i get a chance to fit
I'm very interested to see if they work. I finally saw a V1K in the flesh the other day and noticed the dog bone is very wide. Maybe Soupy provides spacers, but if not, I don't see how his device will work without sliding all over the rails. If it gets cockeyed, I fear metal fatigue may be be swift and unforgiving.

On a another note, the stand is quite thin at the bottom and unlike the V650, it doesn't have the heel lever down low where it would need to be removed and re-welded. As such, I think Speedy's flat foot would work fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode