2015 Design - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2015 Design

Am I the only one that seems to have a hang up about a section of the front end redesign? I've attached a pic and highlighted the section that I just find to be cosmetically unappealing to me. Part of it is the fact that the gloss black look makes it stick out. I noticed the all black version of the bike that isn't coming here has it in flat black. Granted I haven't seen one in person and perhaps it would make more sense but I think they should have done the 650 in the same design as the liter and I would be tempted by the LT version.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015.jpg (12.4 KB, 219 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 01:54 PM

I find the whole insect face unappealing, but I can't say anything, I drive a versys which most of the population thinks is butt ugly. Personally I love the looks of the second gen (big part of why I got it). I wanted the V when it first came out, but didn't like the headlight. Maybe I am bias, but to me gen 2 its weird in a good way the others not so much. different strokes for different folks I guess. gen 3's seem to be selling good though.

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 07:15 PM

Ditto on all of that IT! Of course gen3's will sell better - they look like the typical Japanese bike that everyone is use to seeing. The platform is great for younger riders, now it has the looks to match. Go Kawi market research dept!

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 08:40 PM

I like my 14 but I am not going to say the 15 is ugly. I saw one at the dealer a few weekends ago, a green one and put my green one next to it. Both looked fine, some small details on the 15 even made it look better, like blackening the rear spring and a few other small cosmetic things I thought looked ok.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 08:42 PM

It looks a lot better in person. I am just happy Kawi is putting money and research into this model and keeping it going, it is a great bike no matter what cosmetics they drape all over it! =-)
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 08:49 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I could have saved $2000 buying a barely used '09 instead of my '11, but the 2nd gen just has that cool industrial machine look to it. I like the look of the 3rd gen OK, but it looks too much like a sport bike now. Don't like the one light on at all.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 03:01 AM

I'm not a fan either. Don't really like the double headlight look. But the new windscreen looks like it may work better.

Lovin every minute of it!
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaofan View Post
It looks a lot better in person. I am just happy Kawi is putting money and research into this model and keeping it going, it is a great bike no matter what cosmetics they drape all over it! =-)
Agreed

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb9400 View Post
Am I the only one that seems to have a hang up about a section of the front end redesign? I've attached a pic and highlighted the section that I just find to be cosmetically unappealing to me. Part of it is the fact that the gloss black look makes it stick out. I noticed the all black version of the bike that isn't coming here has it in flat black. Granted I haven't seen one in person and perhaps it would make more sense but I think they should have done the 650 in the same design as the liter and I would be tempted by the LT version.
No,you're not the only one. I started a thread about repainting a brand new bike for the reason you have mentioned. I didn't like the look of the gloss black against the satin-flat black. Maybe this just looked worse in the showroom under the artificial lighting as I saw one today, parked in the main street and then moving along, and it didn't look anywhere near as bad.
To the people saying that more people like the look of the old one compared to the new one, where exactly are you getting your statistics from?
All the reviews i've read, as well as what comments i've heard suggest that you are well and truly wrong. I was going to buy one of these years ago but the looks turned me right off it, where as now I want to get one.
But that's just my opinion, not everybody's
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 07:46 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarleau View Post
Statistics? Where are you going to find statistics about the public's preference of headlight styles? (?)

"Well and truly wrong about our opinions?" Well in my opinion, the Versys lost it's uniqueness... But that's just my opinion, not everybody's
I agree. I Like unique. Came close to buying a CTX1300 deluxe because it is unique. Then I found out why people are selling them after a few months of owning them. Honda dropped the horsepower because they figured people just wanted to cruise, and the mirrors give you a great view of the brake and clutch reservoirs.

Unique and highly functional. That is where the 2nd gen Versys hit a home run with me.

The 3rd gen is a great bike with upgraded suspension, brakes, and rider comfort. Most reviewers say it now looks like a proper Kawasaki. Whatever a proper Kawasaki is supposed to look like.

My Versys Travels:

post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 09:26 AM

I like it.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 10:06 AM

I've only seen photos of the new bikes but I kind of like the new look on the '15's. It appears that the new bikes may have better wind protection.

They always look a bit different in person so I'll reserve final judgment until I see one for real.

2013 Kawasaki Versys, 2012 BMW K1600 GTL, 2013 Triumph Street Triple R, 2006 HD Electra Glide Classic
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 10:59 AM

Put 150mi on my new 15 Versys green 650. To each his own, but i liked my 12 a lot, and is why i got the new one. I love everything about this bike! Its got good wind protection, the wind screen works for me no buffeting. Enough power for me good low torque and cruises the interstate great! Fits me fine at 5'10".
I think if you really like 10 and up model you will really really like the 15! But like i said YMMV!
Only downside for me is that the bags are not yet available from Kawasaki, and the dealer can't say when they will be.
randy
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 01:12 PM

I have a deposit on a 15 650 LT and it looks like delivery will be around the end of the month. I'd guess the panniers would start to be available then?

2015 Versys 1000 LT

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 02:18 PM

I'm hoping so
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 02:27 PM

I'm hoping so
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015%20Versys%20007-M.jpg (85.2 KB, 92 views)
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcan08 View Post
I'm hoping so
Nice saddle. I'm thinking a Sargent or RDL is in my future. I want a seat higher than stock (I think, I haven't sat on a 2015 yet) so I may have to go the RDL route.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidder View Post
Nice saddle. I'm thinking a Sargent or RDL is in my future. I want a seat higher than stock (I think, I haven't sat on a 2015 yet) so I may have to go the RDL route.
I am going to send the stock seat to RDL next week. Love their seats!
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the pic rcan08. It's a pretty bike but still doesn't change my opinion. The redesign does make the front end look bigger. Yep everyone has their opinion, I've been a big fan of the 1st gen, especially the 2008 red so if I were to come back into the fold it would probably be another 1st gen.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 07:00 PM

Went by a dealer today to see the '15 bikes. They had green 650's both '14 and '15 next to each other. Also had a black 1000 with a cash discount of 1900 bucks. Very nice!
The 650's look good, and the '14 was priced 5795 out the door. Sweet.

2014 Valkyrie 1800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode