GIVI Top Case Rack Mount - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
GIVI Top Case Rack Mount

The GIVI FZ447 rack for mounting a top case seems to be out of stock everywhere I look. Has anyone found a current source for these?
Thanks in advance,
Boltos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 03:37 PM

Mine arrived yesterday from Twisted Throttle.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 07:17 PM

Grrr...I've been waiting for mine for over a month...

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 10:07 PM

I had to wait three weeks to get mine from Twisted Throttle. It was worth the wait.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 10:29 PM

Same here = I had called twisted throttle several weeks ago and they said they had stock. Then I got a message after I placed the order that they didn't have stock. After three weeks I finally got mine. Check with them now - they may have stock.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 07:12 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Got mine from sporttour.com. They were out of stock as well and had one drop-shipped from Givi... took just under two weeks. Still waiting on the Givi shield I ordered at the same time... Going to pick up my $50 JC Whitney case at the post office later this morning..... Then gonna go for a ride!!

'08 Versys.. Givi rear rack, JCW trunk and E21's, Givi shield, Madstad bracket, Speedy peg and mirror brackets, lowering kit, SC Seat, R1 Shock.. other stuff. '09 KLX250 setup for singletrack. 2011 Xterra, '80 CJ-7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 09:06 AM

I'll throw in my damper on this subject. On my previous bike I had a large top case. I couldn't wait to take it off every weekend when I got back from my work trips and just use the side cases.

Now that I have the Versys, I'm doing all I can to stay away from a top case. I absolutely hate what it does to the bike lines' looks. Plus, in strong cross winds it makes matters worse, and even without winds it makes the bike just feel funny.

So for me, I'll keep it all low and to the sides.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abramsgunner View Post
Got mine from sporttour.com. They were out of stock as well and had one drop-shipped from Givi... took just under two weeks. Still waiting on the Givi shield I ordered at the same time... Going to pick up my $50 JC Whitney case at the post office later this morning..... Then gonna go for a ride!!
I ordered mine from sporttour as well...funny, I actually ordered the screen separately about 2 weeks ago and received it within a couple of days! A great purchase, BTW, albeit a little warm for 90+ temps here in Houston! But I bought it more for freeway riding (commuting in the fall).

I'm hoping that the topcase performs as well on the Versys as it did on my old Ninja 650! I had heard the warnings as well of a fully loaded topcase being a bit of a challenge to the handling...granted, I never put more than a few light articles in the topcase, (it was intended more as a "locker" for all my riding gear at pit stops) but I was so impressed with the fact that I never even knew it was back there! Kudos to the engineers at Givi!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 11:54 AM

I went grocery shopping on mine this morning. I had my top case full, my side cases full, and a box as wide as my side cases and as tall as the top rack full. It was about like carrying a passenger that didn't know how to ride with me. It handled fine, I just made sure I gave myself extra stopping distance.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 05:15 PM

Ordered my top case from Twisted Throttle last weekend and had it on Thursday. I got the E52 and I really don't notice it back there. It is holds my helmet, jacket and all the other little stuff. So far Twisted Throttle has been awesome for me. The Givi windshield is also awesome. I can now look over my shoulder at speed and not feel like I am going to be pushed off the bike. Puts the airflow just above my face shield.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Sigh..... still waiting on my Givi Shield from Sporttour.com. Its going on three weeks now.. guess I've gotten spoiled by typical 3 day service from computer parts sites like Newegg.

'08 Versys.. Givi rear rack, JCW trunk and E21's, Givi shield, Madstad bracket, Speedy peg and mirror brackets, lowering kit, SC Seat, R1 Shock.. other stuff. '09 KLX250 setup for singletrack. 2011 Xterra, '80 CJ-7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode