Dealer Visit - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Dealer Visit

So my dealer got a new 650 in. I am interested in the V1k, but as the seat heights are the same, I wanted to see what it was like. With a 29" inseam, I had trouble getting both balls of my feet to the ground with boots sporting thicker than average soles. On the bright side, I could flat foot it on the left side with the bike essentially upright and it was so light I could roll it around forward or backward with one foot very easily.

The Versys 650 is a very nicely styled bike. Looked way better than the FJ-09 in its flat gray paint with fairing bits MIA, an ugly speedo box jutting out of the unfinished fairing, and a tail light that was designed as the turn signal of a dump truck. Funny, I remember when Kaw had the reputation for making unfinished bikes and Yami made the prettiest models.

The FJ-09 did have a readily accessible power outlet next to its speedo. I did not see such a thing for the Versys, though with its meager electrical ratings, there might be a legitimate reason not to do that.

I did not get on the FJ-09, but similarly short friend did and he thought the FJ-09 felt substantially taller than the 0.2" difference with the Versys in spec'd seat height.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 05:11 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
You can shave off an inch of seat height with a lower seat. You can also lower the suspension an inch with a lowering kit. Together that's a 2 inch drop in seat height.

12v and USB outlets for motorcycles are very cheap on EBay. The V produces enough excess power for heated grips and gear + GPS/phone.

Last edited by twowheels; 01-17-2015 at 05:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode