otd price? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
otd price?

My so called sales rep doesn't answer my emails about availability of the 650lt or my requests for pricing. I understand about the pricing, he might think I am shopping around (tho where I might do that I don't know). So let me ask you folks what I might expect for an out the door price? Heated grips are 225, tax around 268. Do you find the destination charge negotiable?
I wish I had a better alternative than the dealer in Greenville Nc, but it's him or Raleigh at 250 miles or Virginia Beach at 160 miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 08:55 AM

The destination charge is all up to the dealer. First bike I bought new, there was no negotiating it. Second bike I bought new, I barely had to ask to have it removed. As far as actual OTD price, there are so many variables, it really just depends on dealer, area, etc.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarleau View Post
Good question Beach Bum. It is my understanding that the destination charge is very negotiable. Call around and get your best price and start you negotiaton below there. There is nothing worse than spending hundreds more for the same product than someone else.

A side question: Are the side bags delivered with the LT worth $1000?
The suggested price difference between the standard 650 and the lt is 700.00 which includes the bags and brush gards. The bags from Givi including mtg brackets is 902.00. not sure of the price for Shad, but my guess would be more than 700.00

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 10:46 AM

Romney Cycle in Romney, WV. They usually have very good prices. A lot of the FJ-09 forum folks are buying there (they're a Yamaha and Kawi dealer)
Fly and ride. Or ride and ride.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 11:04 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Paying cash gives you leverage and sometimes you just got to be an asshole to get it for what you want. Let the sales guy see the cash and work them until you get a price you can live with. When they see money they know your serious and they have bills to pay to and they hate to see money walk out the door. A lot of people just go into to haggle a deal with no plans on buying a bike or they have **** credit. So most sales people don't take you serious till they know theres money to be made or lost.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 11:23 AM

Man some truth being spoken in here. Something i'll add. You will always pay more for a current year model. Also, you will always pay more for a new bike that is in a region that allows for 365 days of riding. Lastly, you can ship a brand new bike anywhere in the country for $800 or less.

2013 Kawasaki Versys- Blue/Black
2014 Honda Grom- Red/Black
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 350 Blue/Black
2012 Kawasaki KLX250s Red/Black
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
What about Sportcycles in Rockingham? They are a volume dealer and have great prices on bikes.

I negotiate at least 20% off on any accessory I buy for the bike within the first year.

I am thinking about jumping on a 2014 ABS and moving all my parts to it and then selling the '11. That way I gain the ABS, the kawi green color, the no miles, and don't have to replace $3800 in accessories.

I go back and forth though because the Tenere with the driveshaft keeps calling me.

My Versys Travels:

post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 12:33 PM

Ah drive shaft. I cannot wait for that day, when I no longer have chain maintenance. One day!

post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 01:00 PM

I am pretty sure most dealers are locked (by contract) on new bike prices. Where they can deal is accessories, and transportation/set up (vapor cost.) If they are giving deals, then the regional company is giving that much or more of a deal: advertised or unadvertised

Personally, I can't deal with CA's $2500 to $3000 transportation/set up. They don't care: they have too many people's demand and CA is a closed market (pollution control special models.) No matter how good of a deal you see advertised in CA, they ALL are going to throw in $2500 to $3000 on top of that.

There is no way to beat a new-as-you-can-get used bike. Just replace both tires and you should have a complementary valve inspection instead. Plus you know it is not a lemon with at least an oil change or two under its belt. You'll pay Blue Book price for it, but rarely is any new model that much better of a model (they usually get worse in performance and more refined/comfortable in new models: a trade-off.)

Personally, I like the 2012 and 2013 models the best, the new ones are dazzling, all are great, and the 2008 and 2009 are the best deals. If I had any one of the models, it would be hard to justify buying another Vs. model. ymmv

Last edited by kawdog; 01-14-2015 at 01:03 PM.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adurbin View Post
The destination charge is all up to the dealer.
I'm not typically an early adopter, so that may be the reason I've never even seen let alone been strong armed into paying this "destination fee." I thought this was a Harley thing, until I noticed on the Kaw website, they now list that as a fee.

I find pay MSRP repulsive enough. I better be head over heels in luv with this thing before the dealer adds that to the tally.
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
I'm not typically an early adopter, so that may be the reason I've never even seen let alone been strong armed into paying this "destination fee." I thought this was a Harley thing, until I noticed on the Kaw website, they now list that as a fee.

I find pay MSRP repulsive enough. I better be head over heels in luv with this thing before the dealer adds that to the tally.
I really like the 650lt, but it ain't love. What has me pissed is a non responsive salesman. I just sent him an email saying "if you don't want my business keep on ignoring me". They have a left over '12 for 5888 that I can farkle to my heart's content, just no abs. I have to get over my mad and be logical about this.
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Paying cash gives you leverage and sometimes you just got to be an asshole to get it for what you want. Let the sales guy see the cash
I always thought that new car guys prefer financed deals since they get a little on the loan referral. However theres not that much meat on the bone for a trade and/or finance deal on a bike. Cash is king, but Kaw may be offering dealers a reduced or delayed floor plan payment for a new model coming out, so the dealer may not be finacially motivated right now.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEACHBUM View Post
I really like the 650lt, but it ain't love. What has me pissed is a non responsive salesman. I just sent him an email saying "if you don't want my business keep on ignoring me". They have a left over '12 for 5888 that I can farkle to my heart's content, just no abs. I have to get over my mad and be logical about this.
That is a great deal on a 12. I bought a left over 2013 for 6,800 OTD. I would skip whoever it is your emailing and just call the dealership. Make sure you don't talk to whom ever it is ignoring you. Surely that have more than one salesman.

post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Seems that my unresponsive sales person has been gone since december and no one has checked his email. New salesperson is getting me an otd. Gonna destroy 10k!!!! The negotiations begin.....
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015, 09:24 AM
MTS

Local dealer told me, we can not get one! End of story!
So away I went, 150 miles away to a different city, they said three month, three months later, jumped on my new bike and 150 miles later was home. No D fee.

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

Last edited by MTS; 01-15-2015 at 09:31 AM.
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015, 09:53 AM

Man I just saw a dealer is Florida selling a new '13 for $5500. That would have saved me about $500 bucks.

http://www.skypowersportslakewales.c...=xNewInventory

Last edited by Obijack; 01-15-2015 at 09:55 AM.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obijack View Post
That is a great deal on a 12. I bought a left over 2013 for 6,800 OTD. I would skip whoever it is your emailing and just call the dealership. Make sure you don't talk to whom ever it is ignoring you. Surely that have more than one salesman.
That is a great deal on a 2013! My best on a 2013 would have been $7600 (w/tag.) Dealers just talk circles on the phone unless you ask them directly otd, and then they will throw an extra couple of thousand dollars on top of their high prices too. On emails, they are circle talking champions and will NEVER answer otd.

If you need it for transportation immediately, unless you are the king/queen of patience, you are SOL. Of course buying in CA, its like being in France; so I don't have enough connections to get a good deal here. But buying a new used one is easy with Kelly Blue Book though as a ceiling
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

I have agreed to an otd of 9200.00. Don't know if it is good or bad, but it is acceptable. Delivery could still be 30 days.
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015, 01:29 PM

On the 2015 650LT I assume?

post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obijack View Post
On the 2015 650LT I assume?
Yes 2015 650 LT in white
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode