Versys at Toronto Motorcycle Supershow - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Versys at Toronto Motorcycle Supershow

Anyone else attend the Motorcycle Supershow in Toronto? I caught the last day, Sunday the 4th, and there was lots to see.

This was the first time I've had a look at either the Versys 1000 or the Gen 3 650, live and in person. I must say that I found the 1000 looks much nicer in person and I found that, for some reason, photos just don't seem to do it justice:

As for the new 650. I really like the new handle bar riser, the new windscreen looks good, and the factory side cases look roomy and seemless on the bike. The tool-less preload adjustor is a good idea and I like the factory handguards too. I'm still not a fan of the new angry insect sport bike face and I would miss the stacked headlight of old. That's one of the things which made this unique bike so unique.

Though I took no pictures of it, the new 650 Ninja/Versys/ER6n-engine equipped cruiser, the Vulcan S, was a huge part of Kawi's display. They had 4 examples lined up, 1 in every colour, and each was fixed upright in a wheel chalk to encourage people to have a seat with feet on pegs and all. It really is a sharp looking bike and it will be well powered. I still prefer to have my feet under me, but if there was ever a cruiser to consider, this would be the one. Details below (comes in purple too...)

A few other treats from the show:

And last but not least. I came to the V off an '09 Ninja 250, so I was really impressed by this:

Two buddies designed and produced a complete body kit to convert the last gen 250 into a pretty cool and unique streetfighter. The kit replaces stock fairings, including the headlights, adds new lights, flush signals, even parts to change to look of the stock rims. The best part, it's completely bolt-on. No cutting and nothing that would prevent a complete return to stock. Neat idea and good work.

Always trust your cape.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 03:13 PM

I'm not a fan of feet forward riding either, but there is something about the Vulcan I like too. The Ninja looks like it should have a rocket launcher on it somewhere...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for the pics. I agree on the front profile of the G1 and G2 versus the G3 brow. Never thought of it as an angry insect, but you're right. I'm planning on keeping my '09 for a long time, but that white Vulcan sure caught my eye. At my age leaning back a little is a lot easier than being committed forward. After riding a friends Iron and another guys small Star, I had the jones for a small cruiser. Something about being that low to the ground is sort of fun. I don't know how an in-line twin would feel compred to how skinny the v-twin design is for the others I mentioned. Also, would it be tough keeping the front wheel on the ground if our weight is shifted back like that? The Iron stays down since it weighs 175 more lbs' than the V.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 09:47 PM

Nice pics! Europe and Canada gets a nice wide choice of motorcycles.

I notice the 250 and 1000cc get the longer "tuned" pipes. They must have given away too much already on the 650cc and aren't going to give any more. Small chain, short pipes, and tall saddle, but its as close to perfect for me as I've seen. Guys driving DL650's were giving long distant gloomy looks today at mine, like they could have made the wrong choice: for around town, they did (just kidding of course)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode