650 LT in showrooms?? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
650 LT in showrooms??

I hate being without a motorcycle and the Beemer is truly dead. I am waiting for the 650 LT and my dealer has a white one on order but as to when he "don't know nuttin". Some have suggested it may be spring before they are available and if that is the case I'll find something else. Does anyone have a hint when they will be on sale?? Did I mention I hate being without a motorcycle?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 08:23 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEACHBUM View Post
I hate being without a motorcycle and the Beemer is truly dead. I am waiting for the 650 LT and my dealer has a white one on order but as to when he "don't know nuttin". Some have suggested it may be spring before they are available and if that is the case I'll find something else. Does anyone have a hint when they will be on sale?? Did I mention I hate being without a motorcycle?
My dealer tells me his first V1K is scheduled for January. Didn't ask about the 650, but would imagine it should come in the same shipment.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 08:26 AM

They are for sale now. Look at cycle trader. Here is the link. You may have to travel to get one, but seeing as how we both suffer from the same addiction, I would suspect you would be willing to do so. Looks like GA will be closest to you.

http://www.cycletrader.com/Kawasaki-...3A*&zip=32259&

2013 Kawasaki Versys- Blue/Black
2014 Honda Grom- Red/Black
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 350 Blue/Black
2012 Kawasaki KLX250s Red/Black

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 08:51 AM

My dealer said his first one is on the way and should be here in a couple of weeks.

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 11:56 AM

I just saw the first 2015 Vs. 650, see thread below for video review and my pics of a White Pearl Metallic one at Orange Co. Honda/Kawasaki (CA.)

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=70777

Why would you wait on an LT? It is just a few overpriced options!?!? A lot of the sizzle is already on the 2015 Vs. 650. You could get twice as many options possibly and not be restricted to what the factory LT has on it (its' always easy to improve on something at a discount, quite often - Cash is King!) For example, they already have the adjustable windshield, so I'd rather have a Large adjustable windshield and less expensive saddlebags than the more expensive LT saddlebag options. And the LT ONLY comes in dark gray color - (compared to a White Pearl Metallic Man-sized (sorry ladies) better-than-VFR800-like bike ) ??? ymmv

Last edited by kawdog; 01-03-2015 at 12:06 PM.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
I just saw the first 2015 Vs. 650, see thread below for video review and my pics of a White Pearl Metallic one at Orange Co. Honda/Kawasaki (CA.)

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=70777

Why would you wait on an LT? It is just a few overpriced options!?!? A lot of the sizzle is already on the 2015 Vs. 650. You could get twice as many options possibly and not be restricted to what the factory LT has on it (its' always easy to improve on something at a discount, quite often - Cash is King!) For example, they already have the adjustable windshield, so I'd rather have a Large adjustable windshield and less expensive saddlebags than the more expensive LT saddlebag options. And the LT ONLY comes in dark gray color - (compared to a White Pearl Metallic Man-sized (sorry ladies) better-than-VFR800-like bike ) ??? ymmv

Are you talking about the 650 LT? the colors available are Kawa green and white. I think you are talking about the 1000, and the hard bags and grip guards for 700.00 more seems cheaper than anything I have priced....
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 01:48 PM

My mistake! I was confused.

The pearl metallic white is double nice though.
All of the paints are nice, but I personally like the white, blue, and gold.
I hope you are riding soon!
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEACHBUM View Post
Does anyone have a hint when they will be on sale??
Dealer showrooms here in Vegas as of right now.

Last edited by Wonker; 01-03-2015 at 10:26 PM.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 05:40 PM

Any word of a release date and models- colours available in Australia for the 650?

Edit: To answer my own question, they are out now.They only come in the black colour scheme, in LAMS and full power versions.
Panniers are an option only as we aren't getting the LT,for now anyway.
RRP is $9990 plus ORCs.

Last edited by whitey66; 01-07-2015 at 01:37 AM.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 06:30 PM

They still do not have them at my local dealer here Oregon, I am guessing they are coming soon. I wanted to sit on the 1000 to see how much bigger it feels.
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 06:30 AM

Time for a shed cleanout! Selling 4 bikes and buying the 2015 650 .
I'm a bit disappointed we can't get the LT here, but if the panniers aren't too expensive on their own it won't really be an issue.
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 07:48 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonker View Post
Dealer showrooms here in Vegas as of right now.
Have you actually seen them or are you going by a Cycletrader ad? According to the Cycletrader, one of my local dealers has them to...only they don't.

I checked the inventory monitor on the Kaw site for Vegas and they show no one there has any either.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
What are the differences between the regular and the "LT" version?

I see color-matched saddlebags..... what else?
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kballowe View Post
What are the differences between the regular and the "LT" version?

I see color-matched saddlebags..... what else?
Hanguards and saddlebags, and not exactly sure of colors, for $700 difference. If you want those options and if they are available, it seems like a good deal.

I just saw my first 2015 standard Vs. 650 at a dealer on New Year's Eve, and it was nice: sitting next to the floor Managers glass desk cube. I didn't even ask to sit on it since I was too busy taking pictures (I missed the cockpit shot which there should be some improvements too - I may go back and post pics if appropriate and it is still there.) Unless the Sales Manager was playing games with me, he was talking to interested customers on the phone while I was there (at least 2 calls getting directions to the dealer.)

It was the Pearl White Metal-flake paint job. I hope to see some of these beauties on the road soon
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Don't mean to hijack my own thread.... but motorcyclist mag has a very complementary review. They call it "quietly magnificent"
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 03:10 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Just went to the nearby dealer. They had a Green 2014 on the floor. Asked about the 2015's they said they were suppose to get them by the end of the month. If not their next shipment was scheduled for march.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 03:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I've not seen any of them. Just attended the weekend motorcycle show here in St, Louis.

Nothing there, except that new Kawasaki low-slung cruiser with the 650 parallel twin and the solo seat.

Also saw the new Yamaha FJ-09. THAT bike is interesting.....
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Just went to the nearby dealer. They had a Green 2014 on the floor. Asked about the 2015's they said they were suppose to get them by the end of the month. If not their next shipment was scheduled for march.
Joe,

Go to Orange County Honda/k\Kawasaki, and they had a while 2015 on New Years Eve. You might want to call first to see if one is still there, if you are interested enough to drive 15-20 miles one way (est.)

I'm still glad I got my 2012 $5450 otd w/ taxes/tag, but I'm glad I did not see the 2015 first, even if it does have abs you can't turn off. You off-road riders would not like abs you can't turn off.

When I got my 94 Dodge Dakota with airbags, I took the fuse out because I thought they would just break my glasses and not much else. Later, I found out if they ever do expand, your vehicle title is Scrap titled and you can't get full coverage insurance (nice, since I bent my frame once in 300k miles!) And just last month, national auto safety said airbags cause more harm than good (ha ha!) The cheapest way is usually the best way.

I have serious reservations about abs on motorcycles, but not being able to turn them off is another story
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Joe,

Go to Orange County Honda/k\Kawasaki, and they had a while 2015 on New Years Eve. You might want to call first to see if one is still there, if you are interested enough to drive 15-20 miles one way (est.)

Go past there all the time. Just went to the one close to my house because i was bored. I would never buy a bike from the one close to me. Got a quote from them to replace tires on my 09 when i first came out here. They quoted me $75.00 for both tires on the bike. Then changed it to $150.00 when i told them i had my own tires.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
...You off-road riders would not like abs you can't turn off....I have serious reservations about abs on motorcycles, but not being able to turn them off is another story
The ABS SHOULD be a 'fused' system, so you I think you COULD add an ON/OFF switch to the line into the fuse....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode