Givi V35's on 2009 V - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-15-2014, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Givi V35's on 2009 V

My SW-Motech racks arrived this morning, and 2 hours later were mounted on my 2009 Versys. I had purchased used Givi V35's on CL and needed to mount them.
I have to say I'm very impressed with the quality of the SW-Motechs. I am a weight-weenie, so I liked the idea of the racks being able to quickly separate from the bike. I live around Los Angeles, so much of my riding will be without the cases, but I like having the option to have carrying capacity.
The side racks mounted easily, the instructions were easy to follow. I'll attach some pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bag and rack off.jpg (93.6 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg bag off.jpg (92.9 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg front 3-4.jpg (92.5 KB, 135 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 03:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I've also got a green 2009, even though my signature shows a 08, and the monokey mounts with the V35's. I leave the mounts on all the time and the bags about half the time. It's great having all the extra room for a trip, but i usually only need the tank bag around town. However, I love having the Admore lights that fit under the reflective prism on the rear of the bags. You need to get those since they really make you much more visible day and night.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thank you, Rayj! Good advice.

I should think about a top box or tank mount as well. The V35's do make it extra-wide in the city. Have you seen the locks for the racks? They prevent the racks from getting removed from the bike.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 06:10 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Buy the green color matched panels and you will have a sharp looking light touring bike.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 02:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'll bet the bags don't stick out not much more than my bar end mirrors. Of course, we don't lane split here so it's not an issue. With regards to theft of the racks, the thought never crossed my mind. Kawi actually makes an expandable tank bag for the V. It has magnetic panels, a tank clip, and a velcro end strap that allows for easy removal. Merry Christmas.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode