A week with the V. Mod ideas and questions - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
A week with the V. Mod ideas and questions

Hi Guys,
New V rider up here in Toronto. Upon looking for an additional bike to the Magna I had a shortlived relationship with a VTR 1000. Loved it in every way but don't need nearly that power and I'd like a bike that doesn't only shine on the open road.

What I really liked about it was the low weight and compact size, the smoothness of the power delivery evn from low RPMs and the superb handling.

So I set out to find a light, compact, responsive and verstaile bike with as linear torque and power curves as possible as well as somewhat sophistacted suspension.... When I looked into the V I found everything I was looking for and more... I can't believe you get inverted forks, 4-way adjustable suspension, a frookin fuel-guage and even a highbeam flasher like on a BMW, in that pricepoint. Unbeatable value for money. Ridden it for a week and no dissapointments...

Planned mods and accompanying questions:

I didn't mind the aggressive riding position of the VTR so I'd like to get handlebars that are substantially more aggressive... Lower, more forwrad and turned down... Any suggestions?

It also looks like the forktubes could be slipped up the trees about 2/3". Would this affect trail to the point where you might get tank-slap?

Everything rear of the taillight's gotta go. DIY tidy... Anyone know of any flushmount turnsignals that would look good framing the taillight?

Can I switch to LED turns without having to do anything else? I'm not sure if the draw would be enough to trigger the blink-relay?

Muffler! I'll fab someway of sticking a small lightweight performance muffler in there. Will this require a PC?

I stick a cheap compass on all my bikes. I stuck one to the plate on top of the risers... Don't copy that idea. If you do, you'll be heading SW no matter which way you turn. Much better to put it on top of the dash, behind the lil' screen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 08:08 PM

new bike

congrats on your new bike.......I can't answer any of your questions, just wanted to say hello.I'm about an hour northeast of u...maybe we'll cross paths sometime.....got mine in the spring and have no complaints....
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Groovy! I can't wait to try it out in the twisties!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 10:22 PM

As far as the muffler goes, I posted a cheap way to make your own good looking and sounding exhaust setup here:

http://forums.kawasakiversys.com/showthread.php?t=578

Be sure and read through the whole thread, I changed out the clamps and muffler strap to stainless parts after I initially put it all together. There is a link there to a short sound clip video and all the parts and pieces I used to fab it up. You do not need a PC, and the muffler I used shaves about 8 lb off the weight of the bike.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Hey man,

Yes I did see yours... Nice job. Looks stock...
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 11:19 PM

Congrats on the new V. I sign the papers Friday. I can't wait ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode