Any word on NEW 2015 650 Vs. yet? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Any word on NEW 2015 650 Vs. yet?

I may have missed it, or it assumed to be with new 1000 Vs., but I'm interested in the new 2015 650 Vs. It seems about time.

My favorite range in bike size is 600cc to 750cc (maybe 800cc.) The heavy boys with over 100 hp is just too much momentum for me (to stop!) Torquey bikes is where it's at. I don't cruise at over 100mph any way (not over hills first anyway, ha ha.) It's just too much stress and risk for me, and points on my drivers incense.

The 650 Vs. appears to be a perfect bike and the best of only a few I could or would ride. I think I read more hp and torque in 2015 650 Vs.?? That would be a totally new engine. More hp is easy by adding high compression, high hp, and higher gas mileage. The problem with that is reduced torque where most people need it in the low/midrange (imo of course.) I didn't hear of a new engine design (totally new), so i'm just wondering about the new 650 Vs. powerplant. WHEN does the 2015 650 Vs. arrive???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-14-2014, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Never mind, I don't want to mess with Stealer (Dealer) markups either. The only reason I would do that is for financing deals.

2012 Vs. rocks anyway! But i think every other year Vs. does as well. CA dealers just have too many people out here to worry about giving deals to anyone (generally.) You would have to invest a whole lot of time to get a great deal out here. I'd rather use that same time riding an almost new Vs. and the same markup money getting required options!

I tried the end of year / military discount deal anyway, but all I got was, "blah, blah, blah...$2500 price jump." I like my new 7K mile (almost) new 2012 Vs. It is perfect To be realistic though, the salesmen are just making a living, and the most of the markups are 'Real'; but they are just not "Real" convincing for me to pay inflated $700 shipping charges for actual $100 crate rates
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-15-2014, 06:37 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Do you feel better now that you got that off your chest.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-15-2014, 08:12 PM

Probably no chance of seeing any 2015 Versys of any stripe around here until early spring.
I'll post up if they pop before then, one local place does nice out the door cash deals on the latest bikes.

2014 Valkyrie 1800
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2014, 12:41 PM

I don't understand the Versys 1000 anyways. It's not really a Versys in IMO. It's just another one of those oversized bikes that you'd never want to take off road in the first place. One company builds a stupid bike and the rest follow suit I guess.
If you want to buy brand new, I don't blame you but the resale on a 650 is very low. In other words, you can get a smoking deal on a low mileage babied older one with many nice mods. Cheaper insurance and taxes too.
Hope this helps.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Do you feel better now that you got that off your chest.
ha! could've locked this thread after post #2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blipco View Post
I don't understand the Versys 1000 anyways. It's not really a Versys in IMO.
it's a sport-tourerey standard, just like the 650, pretty straightforward.
the 1k may be better than the 650 for 2up travel, if you're a chubster.

In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

=>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode