Tour Lodgings - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 02:56 AM Thread Starter

Tour Lodgings

Guys, thanks for all the input ref my upcoming tour thru Utah/Colorado. I'd like to ask another question. On my previous tour thru Arizona, I had no fixed plan and just grabbed a motel at the end of each day (without any problem), depending on where I ended up. Do you think I will be able to do the same on this next trip, July 16th onwards? I have booked a room in Mesquite for the first night, my first stop after leaving Vegas late afternoon. But I was planing to check in to a hotel/motel wherever I happened to be at the end of the day, I really dont want to arrange "fixed" stops, I'd prefer to remain flexible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 08:32 AM

I made that trip in late June. No problems. At Bryce, you may need to get a room early in the day.The motel to call (as of 2005) is Country Inn Motel, Tropic, Utah. 436-679-8600 or 800-993-6847. It was the only close call I had to not finding a room. Make sure you make the climb to Angel's Landing in Zion.(on foot). Zion blows Bryce away in my opinion but I'm sure many would disagree, and they should.

Last edited by blipco; 02-16-2010 at 08:43 AM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 03:38 PM

If you are taking the northern route the Moab, Fruita, Grand Junction are should not be a problem. Plenty of offerings. the I 70 corridor have everything from camp grounds to 5 star hotels. Middle of the route from the UT to Denver is Glenwood springs. Nice tourist trap with plenty of offerings.

If you are taking the southern route specially through northern AZ lodging is quite sparse. Across the Navajo nation there are a couple of hotels/motels in Kayenta. There is a very nice new lodge right by the monoliths in Monument Valley it is managed by native americans. Close to the four corners Cortez offers many types of accomodations nothing fancy though. Durango not far away have more higher end lodging options. If you go north across the mountains lodging is never too far. Montrose have the most generic type of accomodations. If you call ahead there are some B&B's worth staying through the San Juan Skyway scenic route.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 04:22 PM

I agree Zion is way better than Bryce...if you go to Bryce you may want to consider staying at Foster's INN, not much to look at but cheap..i was out there in Oct of 08.. rooms book quick so call ahead to the next town or area your looking to stay at.. in the few hours it may take you to get to one place the rooms are full ...i encountered alot of european tour groups ..they would book entire hotels...i booked my bryce hotel before i ever left zion.... otherwise you may be camping in a field
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode